Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sync system crash

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  thebigblkbus 
#1 ·
My Sync keeps crashing. been to the dealer a dozen times, they keep reprogramming and sending me on my way. Two weeks later same issue.

any thoughts

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My '15 did that a few times within a small amount of time. I never gave it any concern since it works like it should when it's done. It hasn't done that in a long time. I don't know if Sirius has anything to do with it if they change their channels/programming. That's about the only thing I could see causing the system to need to reboot. So every time your dealer reloads the current files/programming Ford has, then you need to update the system thru Sirius. Make sense? I can't say this is the answer but mine hasn't done any sort of reboot/reload in quite some time.

#3 ·
Mine stays on that downloading screen until I get it to the dealer. Even disconnecting and reconnecting the battery dose not reset it. Its a huge inconvenience not having blue tooth with all the cell phone laws here in communist cali.

#6 ·
I am curious, are you tuned? Mine does that after I flash the ECM. it usually boots right up. I do remember one time it went black. I turned truck off then back on, never happened again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.