Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Missing Gears in Drive

812 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jpw_07 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 F-250 and this morning I drove my truck about 5 minutes with no issues and about an hour later I got back in the truck to head to work and after driving shortly down the road and getting on the freeway I realize my RPMs are running up and I'm not gaining speed as I would expect. I look at my dash and my truck was in Drive however only gears 1,2, & 3 were showing available and the truck would go no higher than 3rd gear. I exited as soon as possible and put the truck in park then went back to drive and all my gears showed back up and it drove fine. The engine light was not on and I dont believe it displayed any errors however I could have missed it since I was fairly tired. Anyone ever have something similar happen, or should I be looking for something else?

#3 ·
^^What he said^^ I've done the same thing before and never knew how it happened. I chalked it up to a rough shift and I was just exhausted lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.