Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Power loss after dpf delete?

10K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  7.3 powerchoke 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

New here, I got my first diesel a couple weeks ago and have been loving it.

I recently deleted the dpf and did block off plates for the egr cooler, and it *feels* like the truck has less power and is not as quick to accelerate compared to how it drove with the dpf on.

I have the H&S minimaxx, and even running the tow tune it still feels slower than stock.

Just wondering if there are any suggestions on what to check that would cause power loss?

Thanks,

Arthur

#7 ·
Where did you buy the tuner? Most of the mini maxx's out there are not '13 compatible, there are a very select few that are.
Check post #6 in the link below to make sure you have the right part number.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
DieselOps on Ebay.

looks like the one i am ordering is 109003 which states as not being compatible with 2013. However it did recognize my truck as a 2013 and tuned it.. i would think if it did not work it would not be able to tune it?

#15 ·
Like Elk slayer stated.. the "mini maxx" tuners you buy off ebay are shady.. if im not mistaken someone told me some of the units sold on ebay are actually bully dog tuners that have been gutted and replaced with god knows what software.. regardless of the situation.. this isn't the first bunk H&S tuner i've heard about

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.