08-10 center console installed in 2012 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08-10 center console installed in 2012

installed a 2008 center console in my 2012 F-350 today, removed the jump seat. the jump seat comes out pretty easy two bolts in front and two in the back. the front bolts are under the bottom tray. the two rear bolts are easier to get if you remove the inside seat bolts (need to anyways). Unplug the harness and the seat comes out, easy.

now the 08' console. the rear bracket bolts right in no problems, just slides in under the rear seat legs. the front bracket dose not fit, I guess with the new transmission they changed the center hump. to get it to work you half to cut a 1"x5.5/6" section out of the front of the legs. its pretty easy to see what you need to cut off when you lay the bracket in there.

before you can bolt the console in you have to redo the wiring (the plug is different). on the console I unplugged the front power point, and cut the rear plug wires off the connector, you can then pull the harness out leaving the rear plug and wires in place. I got the harness off the jump seat which snaps in the console. the power point plug is the same so it plugs into the front, then I just spliced in the rear wires.

when I tried to put the console in the center hump again caused problems. the rear was fine bolts right down. the front had about a 5/8" gap that I had to fill between the bracket and the console, needed longer bolts to. the gap did not make sense but if I pushed the console down its was not level. the plastic an the driver side was to long, I had to cut a lot off up to the bottom snap where the cup holder plastic snaps on. the passenger side is fine no cutting needed. you also have to trim under the front pocket about a 1/4" for the length of the pocket.

after everything is snapped in and tight it looks pretty good. you do have two bolts in the rear that are unused where the jump seat bolted down, and a small 1.5"x1.5" square carpet missing around both bolts. I used black felt to fill the holes, slid it under the carpet and put caps over the threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd like to see the pics of how this turned out. Sounds like a cool idea for those with Jump seats..
Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

here's some pictures after I installed it.
Attached Thumbnails
08-10 center console installed in 2012-046.jpg   08-10 center console installed in 2012-047.jpg   08-10 center console installed in 2012-049.jpg   08-10 center console installed in 2012-048.jpg   08-10 center console installed in 2012-050.jpg  

Old 06-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

some more pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
08-10 center console installed in 2012-052.jpg   08-10 center console installed in 2012-053.jpg   08-10 center console installed in 2012-055.jpg   08-10 center console installed in 2012-056.jpg   08-10 center console installed in 2012-054.jpg  

Old 06-20-2013, 05:02 PM

looks like a good match

mine was too far forward for Me so I made billet blocks to move it back and up on my o6
Attached Thumbnails
08-10 center console installed in 2012-p4030401sm.jpg  
Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 PM

That's awesome. I'm gonna find one for mine cause I've got the 4x4 shifter in the floor. This would b perfect

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-24-2013, 04:48 AM

If anyone knows where I can find one of these. Let me know. I've looked all over. The only ones I've found are like $600+ on ebay

Old 09-12-2013, 06:42 PM

So I bought one of these consoles. Actually I might as well have stole it. But it doesn't have the brackets. Anyone know where I can get the brackets. I found some on eBay but the brackets are $80 a piece.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.