Join Date: Jun 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08-10 center console installed in 2012
installed a 2008 center console in my 2012 F-350 today, removed the jump seat. the jump seat comes out pretty easy two bolts in front and two in the back. the front bolts are under the bottom tray. the two rear bolts are easier to get if you remove the inside seat bolts (need to anyways). Unplug the harness and the seat comes out, easy.
now the 08' console. the rear bracket bolts right in no problems, just slides in under the rear seat legs. the front bracket dose not fit, I guess with the new transmission they changed the center hump. to get it to work you half to cut a 1"x5.5/6" section out of the front of the legs. its pretty easy to see what you need to cut off when you lay the bracket in there.
before you can bolt the console in you have to redo the wiring (the plug is different). on the console I unplugged the front power point, and cut the rear plug wires off the connector, you can then pull the harness out leaving the rear plug and wires in place. I got the harness off the jump seat which snaps in the console. the power point plug is the same so it plugs into the front, then I just spliced in the rear wires.
when I tried to put the console in the center hump again caused problems. the rear was fine bolts right down. the front had about a 5/8" gap that I had to fill between the bracket and the console, needed longer bolts to. the gap did not make sense but if I pushed the console down its was not level. the plastic an the driver side was to long, I had to cut a lot off up to the bottom snap where the cup holder plastic snaps on. the passenger side is fine no cutting needed. you also have to trim under the front pocket about a 1/4" for the length of the pocket.
after everything is snapped in and tight it looks pretty good. you do have two bolts in the rear that are unused where the jump seat bolted down, and a small 1.5"x1.5" square carpet missing around both bolts. I used black felt to fill the holes, slid it under the carpet and put caps over the threads.