Questions for those who put dynomat on there doors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Questions for those who put dynomat on there doors?

when you guys put dynomat on the doors did you do the inside of the door skin or just everything behind the door panel itself? was it worth the time, effort and money? I am gonna be installing some new infinity speakers in a week or so and just wondered if i should do this while everything is all apart??? how about doing the back wall?? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
On my 00 which is basically the same door, I did both inside the door and the outside behind the panel. I also went a bit further and made panels to cover all teh holes which are also dynamated. IIRC it was two boxes of dynamat extreme for the front and rear doors. It did make a difference especially in sound quality. I can't say for doing just the back wall, I did that at the same time as the roof and floor.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

I did mine when I was doing the door seal mod and put Hertz speakers in there too.

Frankly, I can't tell any difference, I think Ford has done a good job of sound deadening on this truck.

Then again, I'm partially deaf particularly in the higher registers. I should have taken it out with the DB meter before and after, but didn't.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 PM

Do both parts of the door it will help. The portion right behind the door panel will help contain the sound inside the truck and the inner portion of the door will help too along with rattling. The back wall will help reduce in cab noise as well and be better if you're doing subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.