Driver Side Seat Lowering Kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 105
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Driver Side Seat Lowering Kit?

Does anyone know and/or heard of a driver's side seat lowering frame kit? with the power moon roof and airbags, we lose head clearance, and it's an added annoyance being 6'6" . I had this same issue in my 2011 Ram.

There appears to be additional room under the seat, which would allow a frame kit of some kind. Hope there is something out there that will support a gain in additional headroom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:51 AM
lwg lwg is offline
Member
 

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
x2. Surely someone can make a new one. I only need an additional inch or two and am betting there is a market for these with the new trucks.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Me too- and I'm not tall, these sets are just too high!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I also have this issue, I wonder if the seat brackets from a f150 would work??? i was told there the same seat just diffierent brackets. I know the f 150 sloped down as the seat goes back. There was also a guy who just cut his brackets and rewelded them but i dunno how many guys wanna do that, there would def be a market for these but i am also sure there would be some liability issues as well which might scare off some of these guys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 105
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinest660 View Post
I also have this issue, I wonder if the seat brackets from a f150 would work??? i was told there the same seat just diffierent brackets. I know the f 150 sloped down as the seat goes back. There was also a guy who just cut his brackets and rewelded them but i dunno how many guys wanna do that, there would def be a market for these but i am also sure there would be some liability issues as well which might scare off some of these guys...
I don't like the idea of cutting and re-welding my seat brackets. The F150 brackets might do the trick if they fit into the Super Duty. Can anyone confirm this? Might be worth visiting a wrecking yard and finding a F150 power seat bracket. But, are the power seat functions the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-06-2013, 09:15 AM
lwg lwg is offline
Member
 

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Interesting. It would be nice if a dealership somewhere could get both a Super Duty and an F-150 seat bracket in, then you could compare them side by side and likely know for sure before digging in to deep.

What you could do is take a hard look at the underlying floorboard for both vehicles. If they are different in any way it likely won't work. A tape measure is good for this.
john galt likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 105
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwg View Post
Interesting. It would be nice if a dealership somewhere could get both a Super Duty and an F-150 seat bracket in, then you could compare them side by side and likely know for sure before digging in to deep.

What you could do is take a hard look at the underlying floorboard for both vehicles. If they are different in any way it likely won't work. A tape measure is good for this.
I local wrecking yard had a bunch of newer f150's and super dutys a couple weeks ago when I was pulling a rear fold out flat floor. I take a look at them next week. Even if they fit, I'm curious about the power seat functions. Should still work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 06-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any progress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 06-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 105
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I haven't had time to look into this. I've been traveling a lot for work and had very few days at home. Something I still want to look into. Has anyone else looked into the f-150seat frames?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 06-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK250 View Post
I don't like the idea of cutting and re-welding my seat brackets. The F150 brackets might do the trick if they fit into the Super Duty. Can anyone confirm this? Might be worth visiting a wrecking yard and finding a F150 power seat bracket. But, are the power seat functions the same?

i know that the 2010 f150 seats fit the 05. not sure if that helps you guys with the newer ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to egnaro2007 For This Useful Post:
tjc13 (03-23-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors