Adding navigation... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Adding navigation...

I have a 2011 lariat without nav, is it possible to add a factory nav unit??? I'm looking for a totaled out truck with one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Message sredmyer. He will answer any questions you'll have.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex250 View Post
I have a 2011 lariat without nav, is it possible to add a factory nav unit??? I'm looking for a totaled out truck with one.
I was wondering the same thing. Please let me know what you find out.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:55 PM

Ford Navigation System, Ford Factory Navi,

here they sell the units and the backup camera that goes in the tailgate handle. I have this myself...Awesome setup. Talk to Anthony... Great guy. Install time is about 3 hours.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:57 PM

I should have added if you find a Nav unit out of a wrecked car you have to have the Vin number programmed into the Nav unit before it will work.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:12 PM

Im sorry but that is false. No vin number programming is needed. I've done quite a few navi installs and this is not the case.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackcrewcab View Post
Im sorry but that is false. No vin number programming is needed. I've done quite a few navi installs and this is not the case.
For my 2012 Ford F250 it was required. So I do not know what year you are talking about, but I am 100% sure for mine. Anthony from the website above programmed this for my vehicle before he shiped it.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:43 PM

I've done installs on 2008-2012s and everything was plug and play. Did you plug the radio in before you had to programmed from this radio place? If so what came up on the screen?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackcrewcab View Post
I've done installs on 2008-2012s and everything was plug and play. Did you plug the radio in before you had to programmed from this radio place? If so what came up on the screen?
Nope Comes this way. Also there was some wireing that had to be done for the 2012 to work.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 PM

2012 Ford F-250 Factory Navigation Install Instructions
Microphone for Sync Commands
2012 F-250 Factory Navigation is primarily plug_and_play. Simply remove your AM/FM/CD Radio and plug in the Ford navigation system. There will be (4) connections that you will need to make in order for Sync commands to work with the navigation system. These connections are for the microphone connection between the navigation and the Sync module.
Connections are the following:
1. Locate the 16 pin connector that goes into the navigation radio. You will need to raise the red faced locking tab and insert the wires from the bag labeled (16 pin) into slots 11 & 12.
These wires go into 16 pin of factory harness to radio.
Sync Module *Above connector pics are an example..16 pin not pictured
2. You will need to locate the Sync module that sits behind the glove box. You will need to look up and to the right to see the module. The best way to access the
plug is to remove the right side dash access panel.
3. You will then need to insert the wires labeled Sync into slots 12 & 13 of the 54
pin connector on the Sync harness. You will simply insert the wires into these slots without removing or raising a locking mechanism.
4. Connect the wire in slot 11 of the 16 pin connector to the wire in slot 12 of the Sync 54 pin connector.
5. Connect the wire in slot 12 of the 16 pin connector to the wire in slot 13 of the Sync 54 pin connector.
6. Mount the GPS antenna to any flat surface without any metal directly above it. Typically an air duct or in the area below the removed tray. The factory location for the antenna sits further up and to the left of the radio behind the speedo cluster. You will see a small metal locking tab sticking up.
7. If you are installing a back-up camera with the navigation you will need to locate the 10 pin connector port at the back of the navigation. Pin#1 is for video signal “+” and directly below pin#6 is for video “-“. You can cut the video RCA from the camera harness, strip back the jacket to access the signal wires, or use a female RCA and cut it to a short 5”-6” lead. Strip back the signal wires and attach connector’s small enough to slide onto the radio pins (found at local parts store). The very center wire of the RCA will be the positive signal wire. Then plug the lead into our harness.
8. Install navigation Radio into dash and reinstall the tray and dash bezel.

This is what I have....What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.