Seat covers vs seat swap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Made In America

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Seat covers vs seat swap

Ok guys so I am basically trying to weigh out the pros and cons here on getting some high quality seat covers or just going with an all out seat swap. I guess first off is it possible? Would 8-10' seats fit? I know on previous years it has been done, obviously I would have to do the rear seats as well. Its just we all spent alot on these trucks, and I want the interior to last, and look the way I want it to. That being said Im willing to spend a little more for a quality long term solution.

I am XLT, steel grey cloth interior, just trying to 1. go black and 2. protect the seats. Now im sure im going to get the "you spent XXX on this truck why didnt you just get exactly what you wanted" Well, this truck actually had 1k miles on it when I bought it, got a KILLER deal, way too good to pass up. I plan on keeping her so I want to do things the right way. Trying to avoid the Walmart seat cover look here obviously.

Anyway what are my options?

Last edited by Guardian29; 11-01-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian29 View Post
Ok guys so I am basically trying to weigh out the pros and cons here on getting some high quality seat covers or just going with an all out seat swap. I guess first off is it possible? Would 8-10' seats fit? I know on previous years it has been done, obviously I would have to do the rear seats as well. Its just we all spent alot on these trucks, and I want the interior to last, and look the way I want it to. That being said Im willing to spend a little more for a quality long term solution.

I am XLT, steel grey cloth interior, just trying to 1. go black and 2. protect the seats. Now im sure im going to get the "you spent XXX on this truck why didnt you just get exactly what you wanted" Well, this truck actually had 1k miles on it when I bought it, got a KILLER deal, way too good to pass up. I plan on keeping her so I want to do things the right way. Trying to avoid the Walmart seat cover look here obviously.

Anyway what are my options?
I asked the same question and got the same Walmart/Autozone replies. Those covers just look so dern cheap... I'd recommend Wet Oakle since they fit well, but are pricey and fade even with their UV resistant additive. Other than that, I have no clue.

Hopefully someone with a nice set of seat covers with pictures can chime in here...
Old 11-13-2012, 12:55 PM

Look into a Katzkin leather interior. Car Leather Upholstery | Custom Auto Leather Interiors by Katzkin

I had one put into my truck complete with seat heaters, and I couldn't be happier with the service and quality of the product. It looks awesome and it's fully customizable to exactly what you want. Price wise it's not a whole lot more than high end seat covers, and certainly way less than factory leather.

Waxy
Old 11-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Premium Member

i have marathon seat covers. ive had them for a year now and they still look and fit great

Old 11-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yeah i would say get some wet okele or coverkings both quality seat covers for the price of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.