Replace XLT Speedo with Lariat? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 06:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replace XLT Speedo with Lariat?

This is a great forum and I learn new things about by truck daily by reading these forums. This is a great resource and glad to be a part of it.

I purchased an 2012 XLT a couple months ago and have been tinkering with it ever since. One thing I noticed is that the Lariat's have that kick *** LED speedo cluster. I was wondering if the XLT could be upgraded to that speedo without significant other changes; such as the CPU.

I understand that the option package does have a lot to do with it, as sensors, modules, etc. would need to be in the vehicle in order to display the info. I just want it because it's visually it looks great and it displays the information in a more familiar format (looks like a damn computer, not a 1980's Apple terminal screen).

Of course, I called my local dealer. Got to parts and they had no idea. They referred me to Service and they had no idea. Hoping you guys can shed some light here. And as always, your input is very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My understanding is that the LCD "productivity" screen is serviced as a whole cluster. And once swapped will need to be programmed with IDS and you have to add the steering wheel buttons.

And last I checked there was still no promise it worked.

I ended up buying a lariat because of all the stuff I wanted on the XLT, I was less than 1500 away from a lariat.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:23 PM

I have an XLT, with the upgraded LCD instrument cluster. It came from the factory this way. I bet its $$$$$
Old 12-31-2013, 05:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here is a link to a guy that did the swap and tells everything that is involved and costs.
Info on adding Productivity screen - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Old 07-07-2014, 11:07 AM

i have a custer for sale if anyone is interested in doing this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.