2011 xl power convert to seats any help will pay $$ - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 xl power convert to seats any help will pay $$

I still dont know why i didnt get the xlt L. I guess initial sticker shock.... anyway already added in dash nav, front rear dvd, camera , viper , auto start, i pod ...blue tooth sync with mic yada yad yads and all xlt apperance items grill running boards wheels tires...but i wat a power driver seat any options with my existing pleather seats ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 03-23-2012, 02:05 PM

Well my guess would be that the XL trim has the capability to run a power driver and passenger seat. I would guess that a harness is needed and would plug in somewhere and then just source your power seats....I know this doesnt help you one bit but I would think on the XL trim, ford just doesnt put the harness in to support the power seats... You would possibly need to source the seats with harness and then find out where the power seat harness hooks in...I know i have a 6.4 but is prolly no different. I will check tomorrow sometime where that harness plugs into.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 PM

And to add on...all of the controls and motors are on the seats so it may be as easy as supplying a power wire and ground wire to the seat....I do know on mine, there are four wires running to the seat power and ground to the power seat and power and ground to the seat heater....So it couldnt be too difficult other than having a properly fused wiring run under the carpet to it...Like I said above, I will do some investigative work tomorrow and get back with you...
Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoojr View Post
And to add on...all of the controls and motors are on the seats so it may be as easy as supplying a power wire and ground wire to the seat....I do know on mine, there are four wires running to the seat power and ground to the power seat and power and ground to the seat heater....So it couldnt be too difficult other than having a properly fused wiring run under the carpet to it...Like I said above, I will do some investigative work tomorrow and get back with you...
Thanks yea just left ford and got digraph I will have to see what I need looks like track...harness ....and switches / plastic so far
Old 03-23-2012, 05:41 PM

I think this can be a relatively easy add on to the truck. I guess you will just have to hunt down some cheap seats and harnesses from craigslist or the junk yard or ebay. Are you wanting leather ones or cloth?
Old 03-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoojr View Post
I think this can be a relatively easy add on to the truck. I guess you will just have to hunt down some cheap seats and harnesses from craigslist or the junk yard or ebay. Are you wanting leather ones or cloth?
I think iam just going to convert my vynal ones to power ...but just the track alone is 550 plus everything else I need
Old 04-04-2012, 06:32 AM

It's going to be way cheaper for you to locate another seat with power already on it & adapt it to your truck than it is to convert your current seats to power.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know I found out yesterday its going to cost a over a grand for parts and it seems that it has to be a 2011 previous years won't fit...I've looked everywhere for 2011 power seats just not to be found...I wish i could find some
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.