Center Console Removal - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Center Console Removal

I am currently researching getting a new F-350 . I would like to get the Larriat model but would like the center console removed. I guess I could get one of the less optioned packages if I have to. I am the chief of my local volunteer FD and need to install several radios, siren box and switch boxes. I cuurently have them installed on the floor hump in my current truck. With the factory console there is no place to install them. I have looked at radio consoles from several manufacturers such as Troy and Havis that would provide a neat installation. Has anyone done this to their truck? Or where have you installed your radios, switches, CB, etc. Is the dash and carpeting complete below the console? The console that I have looked at would extend from the back of the front seat up to almost the dash I would guess. I don't want to hack apart my brand new truck and want to plan ahead. All new trucks seem to have similar consoles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Emergency Services

Bump
Since it doesn't seem like anyone has installed a radio console in their new truck, could anyone tell me if looks like it can be removed easily? My friend has an '02 PSD with leather that I installed a switch box in the center console. I was able to remove it with just four small bolts. Are the '12's similar. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Premium Member

What about getting mounts made to stash them in the console? That think is freaking huge. Just a thought. Thanks for the great work as a fire fighter.

Josh
Old 02-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Emergency Services

I actually saw a photo of a nice clean install like that on the web somewhere. The problem is my current truck has two switch boxes, siren control, CB radio, scanner, UHF two way radio and low band two way radio. That amounts to about 20 inches of length if they are installed tight together. I don't think the console has that much room.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Premium Member

A good audio place should be able to. Will take some measurements in the am.

Josh
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

radios in the console

Howdy Chief. I fully understand your problem with installing radios in these trucks. I have a 2011 XLT premium with the console and so am not sure my console matches the Lariat. I can tell you that the console has a ton of room in it and could hold several control heads or smaller radios plus the cup holders, in front of the console, just pop out and the area underneath the cup holders can hold more radios and control heads. If you dont mind giving up the console storage and the cup holders, the console can hold a lot of radio equipment. FYI, once you discover the secrets of removing the overhead console and overhead lights, you will find mounting antennas fairly easy as well. Coax cables can be run above the headliner, down along the pillars under the pillar covers, along the bottom of the door frame then through a channel under the drivers seat up to the center console. There are lots of possibilities. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You would better off in a truck with a jump seat and taking out the seat. If you remove the console you would have to buy the flip down cup holders and the bottom dash part.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.