2 Annoyances - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 08:50 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 Annoyances

#1 - Not enough head clearance. I'm only 6'2" and I have to NOT sit up straight or my head brushes the roof. At first I thought my seat was raised, but it's as far down as possible. I wish they would have made the seat with the ability to lower further. I do have a moon roof; is there more clearance without one?

#2 - The driver's floor mat latch/holder is in a position where I naturally want to set my left foot. Actually my heel is generally right on it or I have to move my foot around it. I haven't checked how it's connected, but if it's just a plastic notch I may dremel it off. It seems like this could have been placed on the right-rear side as this foot is generally on a pedal.

Does anyone else get annoyed by either issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can you lower your seat? Fords boast the most head room out of the big 3
Old 12-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
I do have a moon roof; is there more clearance without one?
Yes, the Moon Roof takes up a Couple more inchs than the Non-Moon roofs Kinda Sux IMHO.....

I Think some of the Reason it's so thick/couple inchs lower ,is not only for the Glass to have a Place to go but also for crash protection....Air Bags,as i'm sure they prolly put some in that area...

Not sure about your Floor mat thingy But sounds like you already have the answer :~) If you can't change it around or remove it,Then Mod it with the Dremel.....If possible.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM

Problem is they changed to the F150 style seats without changing to the F150 bases in the floorboard...I too am 6"4" and have complained about the headroom cause it sucks. If you go look at a F150 the further back you move the seat the lower the seat goes...which makes sense. But in our F350's you move level as you move back. I am fearful if I actually hit a bump off road I may injure my neck. My MY2000 F350 allowed me to wear a cowboy hat...in this think I can barely wear a dew rag. Sad design.

Last edited by jriltex; 01-01-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:09 AM

That sucks they did that! Dumb mistake, since PSD owners are not exactly, small
Old 01-02-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriltex View Post
Problem is they changed to the F150 style seats without changing to the F150 bases in the floorboard...I too am 6"4" and have complained about the headroom cause it sucks. If you go look at a F150 the further back you move the seat the lower the seat goes...which makes sense. But in our F350's you move level as you move back. I am fearful if I actually hit a bump off road I may injure my neck. My MY2000 F350 allowed me to wear a cowboy hat...in this think I can barely wear a dew rag. Sad design.
Thanks for the answer! I figured the moon roof played a part, but thought something else had to have changed. Seriously, if I was much taller, I would make sure I didn't have the moon roof, and then if it was still a problem it could be a deal breaker.

I took care of the carpet catch. It's just clipped on with the opening of the clip toward the front of the truck. Pried a flat head in there and got it off. I didn't realize there is a second one on the right, so it still holds in place.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Premium Member

I too hate the seat height, even makes it harder to get in and out and see some traffic lights. I have no moon roof.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:40 AM

you guys should have drank more coffee in your teen years
Old 01-04-2012, 06:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Being 6'4", this doesn't make me too happy either. Maybe in 5,6,8 years, they will have this fixed...when I will be ready for a new one. My 6.0 has tons of head room.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:23 PM

Looking under the seat, it looks like they could just release a redesign on the corner brackets that the seat mounts to. I wouldn't mind having a set of low-profile brackets and changing them out myself. Could this be done after market? My only concern would be to maintain the safety of the overall design with how the seats attach to the floor. There is a good 3" that could be gained.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.