Disabeling the door chime - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 03:52 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Disabeling the door chime

Does anyone know how to turn the door chime off, or where it is located at least so I can cut a wire or strap dynamite to it? This is the most annoying door chime I have ever heard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Premium Member

There is no way to disable the "Key-in-ignition" chime. You'd have to disconnect it somewhere.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:18 AM

I just did this yesterday...It works.

Read First: 6.7L Tech Folder - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Look for "Door Chime"

Leo
Old 12-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Will this actually stop that annoying chimes when you put the key in the ignition?

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide App
Old 12-17-2011, 08:53 AM

Yup :-)

But it will not disable it when the key is on...So if you open the door while the engine is running, youll hear the chime. I would like to disable that as well.

Leo

Last edited by Snakedriver; 12-17-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentsoul View Post
Does anyone know how to turn the door chime off, or where it is located at least so I can cut a wire or strap dynamite to it? This is the most annoying door chime I have ever heard!
YES I just did it to my 2012 Powerstroke, for the key in ignition part of it. You need to get the steering column exposed, which is 3 screws and some futzing to seperate the plastic shield. Once plastic shield is out of way.....you dont have to remove it, just seperate to see door side of column. Its the blue and grey wire thats on the plug that is plugged into the end of where the key socket is. The plug is on door side and has 5 wires I think. If you unplug it, pull out the red retention device in front, then using a small jewlers screwdrive to lift the plastic locking device that keeps the blue/grey wire installed, you can slide the blue/grey wire out. Tape the wire up, put back together and the key in ignition wont alarm except when you are in accessory and the door is open. I couldnt get that to quit.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The problem is that if you pull that wire from the ign it will lock the doors with the keys in the ignition = keys locked in the truck.

What we need to hunt down and strap a stick of dynamite to is the buzzer itself. It has numerous sounds it makes I could do without.

I know where it is (just to the right of the steering wheel is a grill opening in the dash), just can't get my giant hands up in there. Dissassembly is required...

When I did my Toyota years ago there was a little box with a board in it with a pizo buzzer soldered to the board. De-soldered the buzzer, tossed that annoying POS in the trash and never heard it again. All was quiet in my truck. Ford needs the same treatment.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTruck View Post
The problem is that if you pull that wire from the ign it will lock the doors with the keys in the ignition = keys locked in the truck.

What we need to hunt down and strap a stick of dynamite to is the buzzer itself. It has numerous sounds it makes I could do without.

I know where it is (just to the right of the steering wheel is a grill opening in the dash), just can't get my giant hands up in there. Dissassembly is required...

When I did my Toyota years ago there was a little box with a board in it with a pizo buzzer soldered to the board. De-soldered the buzzer, tossed that annoying POS in the trash and never heard it again. All was quiet in my truck. Ford needs the same treatment.
I'll second that!

I hate all the bells and chimes. I'd rather leave my lights on or lock the keys in the truck once a month than have to live with the annoying chimes.

On my '02 you took the ignition tumbler out and put a piece of electrical tape around it and it solved all of the chime problems and door open/key on chimes. I had a look at it on the 2012, but it's very different with the new chipped key and all. I couldn't even see how to get the tumbler out, so I'm guessing that method isn't an option anymore. Maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out though.

Waxy
Old 05-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2012 Door chime for key in ignition

You can unhook key in ingnigion chime in less than 30 minutes. Read post below from me
Old 06-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I haven't looked into this yet but isn't it possible to just unplug the chime?
The Following User Says Thank You to yetibob For This Useful Post:
DIGMAR (05-21-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.