Standard cab subwoofer enclosures ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 05:43 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to PressureDrop Send a message via AIM to PressureDrop Send a message via Yahoo to PressureDrop
Standard cab subwoofer enclosures ?

There was an MTX option for the 00-06s I think, but nothing for the last or current generation. Anyone have pics (of custom or prebuilt) or links to prebuilt options? If there is indeed no option for a couple 10"s then I guess I am going to have to go back in time 15-20 years when I used to make my own boxes custom for whatever car/truck/van I was trying to rock out at the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 12:18 PM

Go look at the JL site. I put in the 13" Stealthbox and love it!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to PressureDrop Send a message via AIM to PressureDrop Send a message via Yahoo to PressureDrop
in a standard cab? or extended or crew?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:40 PM

Sorry, did not read the title!
It is in the Crew cab.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:03 AM
Premium Member

Heh that is why I put "Standard cab". There are plenty of options for both the super cab and the super crew, none for the standard cab though.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I got ya, I currently run a 10" kicker cvr in a truck box behind my passenger seat with it one click from the seat being all the way back.
The first sub I put in mine was a 12" kicker L7. Tight fit, I made the box my self, both seats were a few clicks up. Didn't sound very good because the box wasn't big enough.
Then I bought a 10" kicker L5 in a kicker ported truck box and had it back there, sounded good, fit good
Here is a link to this set up
NEW KICKER TS10L5 SUB BOX L5 SUBWOOFER TRUCK W/ S10L5 | eBay

I liked that setup but sold it to get something else. If younwant an awesome sounding system and have the cash, Jl audio 13" shallow mounts sound awesome. There more expensive but they bang. They are called Jl 13tw5. Little under 400 for sub plus box. I think next I'm gonna make a custom console, center seat box with a 10" non-shallow mount and see what it sounds like. Let me know if ya have any more questions
Old 08-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Premium Member

Well we shall see how it works and how I like it, but I have ordered (for temp) 2 single 10" boxes for my Kenwood KFC-XW1000Fs (shallow mount). I can put at least 1 of them in (and maybe both) until I build my own custom box. I am going to try and fit the amp (KAC-8105D) under the passenger seat, or maybe behind along with the sub(s). :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.