Two 13tw5 in a 2008 up, power slider CC Super Duty? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Two 13tw5 in a 2008 up, power slider CC Super Duty?

Has anyone done two JL 13tw5's in a CC super duty with the power slider yet?

Thanks!

Derrick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It can be done with a power slider... you need to relocate your power sliding window motor. By that, I mean you can drill/grind the three rivets that mount the motor to its bracket and make a new bracket that relocates it up and over or you can mount the motor (once it is separated from the stock bracket) directly to the back wall. I'm getting ready to post up pictures of how I did it when the work is complete. PM me if you want more details.

Dan
Old 12-01-2010, 05:33 AM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidesmo View Post
Has anyone done two JL 13tw5's in a CC super duty with the power slider yet?

Thanks!

Derrick
Has anyone done this? How do they sound? Is it enough bass? I had thought about doing 4, but I'm gonna try 2 first on a 1000/1
Old 12-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticblu999 View Post
Has anyone done this? How do they sound? Is it enough bass? I had thought about doing 4, but I'm gonna try 2 first on a 1000/1
Yes. There's barely enough airspace for 2 back there at 1.965 cu.ft. 3 or 4 wouldnt work very well. The 2 JL 13TW5's sound really good but arent nearly as loud as 2 ported Pioneer shallow 12's. Its a trade off either way and really depends on what type of music you listen to mostly.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply.

SPL2k.. Any way you could explain that a bit more?

I would agree at the same power level the ported box would be louder as the speakers in the ported enclosure would have less resistance to deal with, and ultimately be more effcient as they don't have the push against static volume of the interior of the box.

But at the reccomended power level for the 13's I would think (of course again that's speculation, and the reason I'm asking) it would blow the doors off the pioneers, pioneer being ported or not.

Have you had the opportunity to deploy the Memphis shallow subs? I have heard them but they were in a display case where the enclosure was much too big and they didn't sound horrible (much better than the Pioneers in my humble opinion)
Old 12-18-2010, 06:38 PM
First 6.7 PS Destroyer

Pioneer?? Seriously? Never heard either but I've rocked JLs since I was 15. NO.... A Pioneer sub..... nah......
Old 12-18-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticblu999 View Post
Pioneer?? Seriously? Never heard either but I've rocked JLs since I was 15. NO.... A Pioneer sub..... nah......
.....and ive been building the loudest car stereos on the planet for the last 10 years. I say the shallow Pioneers in the right box in the Ford Super Duties are the loudest way to go without major modifications to the truck from my personal experience.

But nothing against the JL 13TW5's, They are my second choice for subs in these trucks.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:36 AM

JLs ROCK!!!! They are super loud. My buddy has 4 10s in a single cab Toyota SR5 that are mounted in a cut through in the bed with about 1800 watts feeding them. INSANELY LOUD! You will be more than happy with 2 of them dont worry.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How are you getting a clean signal to run the amps with using an OEM Radio in the 2008 and ups? Do they come with an RCA output for subs?
Old 01-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Some pics of mine after moving the power window slide.

BTW SPL2k knows his stuff. I went to his shop and talked with him for a while as he built my box, he is very knowledgeable and has the trophies to back up his claims, a little background on myself is I'm an M.E.C.P. certified installer(retired, sort of). I never was a pioneer fan even when I sold it, but I gotta say these subs in his box with decent power will shake the chit out of your truck. And for the price, the spl produced by these subs cannot be beat. They are a must have!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Two 13tw5 in a 2008 up, power slider CC Super Duty?-dsc09198.jpg   Two 13tw5 in a 2008 up, power slider CC Super Duty?-dsc09202.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.