No Voltmeter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion 6.7 Powerstroke Interior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Voltmeter

Ford did a great job on the new instrument cluster and display screen. No voltmeter however at all. Neither analog or in the fancy LCD display.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You just get a warning that says "low battery"......
Old 07-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the same complaint. As well as no oil pressure gauge.

On my truck, the third screen of the gauge display panel is blank. Wonder how hard it would be for Ford to program that info into the display.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Same thought on the oil pressure now that you mention it. Since I tow alot I like to be proactive to potential issues. For instance if my fifth wheel is drawing to much electrical load I can tell with a voltmeter. It would be great if they could add it
Old 07-06-2010, 12:51 PM

No volt meter, no oil gauge, no ashtray, no cig lighter, cup holders only when center is down on reg cab. I love the truck but wish it had my Dodge interior.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to cgpuddles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchris View Post
No volt meter, no oil gauge, no ashtray, no cig lighter, cup holders only when center is down on reg cab. I love the truck but wish it had my Dodge interior.
theres something you don't hear everyday. I like the looks of the new Dodge but usually I hear complaints on the interiors of Dodges, atleast the older ones
Old 07-09-2010, 11:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Well heck....my pickup has all the above.

And wanting your dodge interior? Thats crazy talk
Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Not really worried about the voltmeter as you can tell how well charged they are when you crank it over. As for the oil gauge, the later flash for the higher power rating will likely bring that, if not most people will run an aftermarket tuner the displays these.... As for the ashtray and cig lighter, The lighter usually gets tossed in a toolbox and my cell charger plugged in, the ashtray usually holds miscellaneous junk.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhoghp View Post
Not really worried about the voltmeter as you can tell how well charged they are when you crank it over. As for the oil gauge, the later flash for the higher power rating will likely bring that, if not most people will run an aftermarket tuner the displays these.... As for the ashtray and cig lighter, The lighter usually gets tossed in a toolbox and my cell charger plugged in, the ashtray usually holds miscellaneous junk.
You can tell how charged the batteries are when your crank it over has no bearing on why I would like to see a voltmeter. When I tow or take long trips I like to know how the charging system is doing. A large draw from an attached trailer or equipment can be monitored with a voltmeter. In addition on cold mornings at least on my Duramax I could tell when the intake heater shut off by watching the Voltmeter. This was a descent indication when I could stop idling and proceed to drive.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:40 PM

As for how things are doing during a trip, you wouldn't expect any issues from a brand new rig, but even then you get a warning screen. To the AIH on the duramax, you didn't have to wait for it to go off to drive, that was a personal choice that few people (knowledgeable or patient people) would make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.