Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Removing the compartment on top of the dash

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GracieAllen 
#1 ·
2016 F-350 Lariat crew cab.

I have a tire pressure monitor (monitors pressure and temperature for the truck AND the 5th wheel) that sits in front of the shallow compartment that's on top of the dash. It runs on 12v and I'd like to connect it to the 12V power plug wires that go into the compartment.

So, I'd like to remove that compartment so I can feed the wires neatly under it and to the power source. I haven't looked extensively, but from my quick examination I don't see any screws or anything holding it. How do I remove it?

ALTERNATIVELY, I COULD remove the plastic, wood grain trim from the front of the dash and connect it to the power plug below that if that's an easier thing to do. I presume the one-piece plastic wood grained piece that goes around the nav and radio and climate control is just held on with clips and I should be able to just pop it off, but I haven't fiddled with it yet... If that's easier and/or simpler I can pull that off instead of the compartment on top of the dash...

Thoughts?

#2 ·
I put this in a while ago and didn't get any responses... At this point I'm thinking it may be better to pull the plastic/woodgrain thing off the middle of the dash and connect the tire monitor power to the 12V point at the bottom, running the wiring behind the plastic panel...

Does this thing just pull off with clips? I don't see anything that looks like a screw or anything else holding it in place, but I haven't wanted to just grab the thing and start yanking, so...

Reactions: colotl
#3 ·
There's 2 screws one behind each little panel at the bottom outsides of the middle piece. Those pop out with clips then there's a screw behind it. Then the panel will pop off.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.