Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Replacing Leather Interior?

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  2500hhp 
#1 ·
2011 King Ranch with 115K miles.

Bought the truck with 30k miles because I wanted a King Ranch, however the seats had minor wear. Tried to condition the seats with zero luck. Seats aren't horrible, however, I feel that the interior hasn't kept up with the rest of the truck.

Earlier this week the steering wheel ripped. I think that was the last straw, this King Ranch interior wasn't worth it. I just think Ford's leather seats suck (my mustang at 50k miles is showing wear). Figure at this point I'll have it done locally. Needless to say, 'Ford' replacement covers aren't an option for me. IF there is another aftermarket company, I'd be willing to take a look.

My thoughts are, keep the KR inserts (they are in good shape) and have them sewn into the new leather. Thinking of going with black seats with brown stitching that include the existing inserts. But, I want to have everything done at once.

Any one have leather done in their trucks yet? What have you paid? I want to do, arm rest, center console, seats and steering wheel.

Plastics and faux wood panels as well as the carpet are in great shape. It's a darn shame an interior this expensive can't hold up for a few years.

Thanks guys.

See less See more
Reactions: PullingHome
#2 ·
That's why with kids I didn't opt for the KR as nice a truck as it is. They'd be trashed in no time at my house. Good luck getting it fixed up.

#3 ·
Have you thought about leather repair? The guys that fix stuff for the dealers do some pretty amazing things with leather and it may be less expensive.

#9 ·
Actually, I started looking into the option. Might just do that and be done.
I have a friend who runs an upholstery shop locally. We were talking about this subject and he highly recommended Katzkins replacement leather. He said that it was the best leather he'd ever seen in his 30+ years in the business.
I'm pretty sure that if you want to keep the "King Ranch" logo in the seats that they will customize them for you. They have some really nice options. Here's a link below.

Also, I have found that taking proper care of leather makes a big difference in how it holds up. I've used Lexol cleaner and conditioner with very good results. My leather stays soft and supple. When I saw that Rolls Royce recommends it for their leather interiors I figured it would work okay for a Ford.

https://katzkin.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...pwhn1RtOWmFyN8Kpb5s0vufQhXBscUc2jNRoCXb3w_wcB
Honestly, I've tried to keep the leather in decent shape. Not sure if it was to late at 32K miles, but I tried.

Looked at the website, looks like I'll have to call. I've heard good things about them before.
I saved this thread for when I need new seats. I'm at 116K and they are starting to look sad.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-powerstroke-interior-discussion/840626-leather-interior.html
Thank you, I'll take a look.

#4 ·
Yeah ford leather hasn't held up on this series of super duties. I know the platinum leather holds up decent and its what I wanna put in my truck at some point. I'll also be doing mine local on the southside of San Antonio, there's some vatos down there that can do a damn good job for a damn good price.

#5 ·
I have a friend who runs an upholstery shop locally. We were talking about this subject and he highly recommended Katzkins replacement leather. He said that it was the best leather he'd ever seen in his 30+ years in the business.
I'm pretty sure that if you want to keep the "King Ranch" logo in the seats that they will customize them for you. They have some really nice options. Here's a link below.

Also, I have found that taking proper care of leather makes a big difference in how it holds up. I've used Lexol cleaner and conditioner with very good results. My leather stays soft and supple. When I saw that Rolls Royce recommends it for their leather interiors I figured it would work okay for a Ford.

https://katzkin.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...pwhn1RtOWmFyN8Kpb5s0vufQhXBscUc2jNRoCXb3w_wcB

#6 ·
My 07 was the last year for the "good" heavy duty king ranch interior [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Interesting people are having trouble with leather in these trucks. I'm at 175k in my 12 lariat and I won't say the seats look "new", but they are certainly still in good condition. This was my day one company truck which I purchased from my employer so needless to say there was lots of in and out of the truck. Sorry for your troubles, hopefully you get some fresh new leather! I too, recommend Katskins. Did a set in my silverado and absolutely loved them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.