Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

On dash CB mount??

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Hopeless Diamond 
#1 ·
Ok so if anyone has seen the Need for Speed movie with "the Beast" there is a scene in which you can see an on top of the dash CB mount that looks pretty good. I have a 2013 F250 with the Navigation screen so wondering if anyone out there has seen this mount, or something that could be used similar...please help.

Thanks.

#4 ·
No pics showed up. I used to mount mine to the headliner so the mic cord hung down like a big rig.... I don't have one anymore but if we get a toy hauler like we plan then I'll need some ideas.

#6 ·

Attachments

#7 ·
This would be perfect for running two radios. I have a CB and would like to install a VHF 2 meter as well. Only problem is the CB is taking up the only good spot. On the side of the center console. I don't like the idea of pulling the cupholders because I always have stuff setting there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I wonder if someone makes a hook style bracket to hang the radio from the headliner. That way I don't have screw holes through the plastic/headliner.

#9 ·
That setup drops into the open pocket model trucks. With the MFT screen you have a lid that covers the other media/USB connections. You could make something out of kydex as a start for the bottom. Just build off of that and you can do it.

#10 ·
This is how I mounted the remote head of my Kenwood dual bander. Just took out one of the sunglass holders from the overhead console. The console is just held in with clips so easy to pull down. The main body is mounted to the firewall behind the emergency brake (actually lots of room)

I also installed a Cobra 75 where almost everything is in the mic. I installed the junction box under the console, but am thinking about relocating it so I can get to the antenna connection easier, having trouble getting it tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.