Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tuned 2015 6.7 hp?

123K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  Beastmode 
#1 ·
How much hp and torque are the new 15 models making with all of the deletes and a hot tune. I know that the turbo was the main thing holding back the 14 and earlier models, but the 15 models have a new turbo along with a few other upgrades.

#2 ·
Subscribed

#3 ·
~525 give or take

#5 ·
PIP says you can make an extra 150HP and 340ft/lbs of torque with their Extreme tune. So that you will put it at 590HP and 1,200ft/lbs of torque at the motor. So considering driveline loss somewhere around 525rwhp and 1080rwtq give or a take a few for different trucks, dyno's, and weather conditions.

#6 ·
Anyone got it on paper actual dyno slips of what there trucks are really making? Before and after?
I'm planning on taking my to the dyno hopefully spring brake. If no one has posted any but then I will but that's a couple weeks out.

Reactions: lowmpg
#8 ·
Looking for an honest answer here. I had previously owned a 2012 F250 and did the H&S Race Tuner with 4" delete pipe. On the 2012 I was never happy with the low end while it was deleted. The truck was far more peppy when it was stock but had more mid range and upper with the H&S tune. I now own a 2015 and like the power stock but hate the regens every 200 miles. How is the 2015 running deleted with the PIP or KEM tunes?

#9 ·
Just installed mine about an hour ago loaded the extreme "pip live wire"
Took about an hour an half to install exhaust, unplug EGR an tune. That's one person in driveway one mixed drink.
It still has turbo lag out of the bottom still but that's from the larger turbo, that being said it runs so much better shifts are firmer pulls like a train after you get above 1500 rpm.
I went with pip just for the fact I don't have to download delete tunesafter you buy the chip or fill out a release form with your vin# before they email them to you like kem does there already programmed in an ready to go. You do lose exhaust breaks on any tune other then tow. That's my only complaint.
I do a lot of idling an the regen every couple hundred miles was a joke! That was half the reason I did the delete.
All in all VERY happy should have done it 7600 miles ago:)

#11 ·
When you say "it still has turbo lag out of the bottom" are you saying it has the same lag as stock setup? Or more lag? My 2012 with the H&S Race Tuner had far more lag deleted and tuned than it did stock.

#13 ·
Thank you. That's the info I'm looking for. When I went back to stock on my 12 I realized how much more peppy it was stock down low. I figured with 15 tunes being a little more custom they fixed the issue.

#15 ·
You never should have lost any spool up going from stock to deleted, you should have definitely gained several hundred rpm quicker spool. If you didn't something else was wrong or traction control was slapping you because the tires were trying to spin when you mashed on it. Adding an intake helps the spool even more also FWIW.

#14 ·
Well I've been hot rodding it around last night an tonight after work 4.3 mpg lol honestl it's too aggressive imo to use daily. I put it in street when I got home from work. Thinking that or performance is where I'll be running it.

#16 ·
My business partner and I had the same trucks with the same mods. Both lost a ton of low end with the H&S tuners deleted with a 4" straight pipe. You could really tell when both trucks were put back stock to trade in. I had a spartan tuned 6.4 before my 2012 6.7. The Spartan deleted 6.4 was an absolute beast.

#17 ·
ok so I drove 240 miles freeway highway. On the way up 58/62 on highway an 75ish on freeway 17.3 on the way back I wasn't in such a hurry an drove 55/60 highway an 68/70 freeway 18.1 that is up from stock which was high 14's/low/15's
This is in street setting I will try performance next time I go for a drive to give an honest test I am assuming performance will be a little better due to more timing but we will see.
Yes the mileage was from the dash but is I very close to hand calculations when it was stock. Have not filled truck up so don't know hand calculations sorry

Attachments

#18 ·
I dynoed mine this morning. PIP v7 Extreme tune...415rwhp and 1090rwtq...I'm not sure why the hp is so low and we messed with all kinds of rpm's and brake settings on the dyno but never could get it better...a little disappointed as I was expecting 515+ like everyone says you would have but it simply wasn't there

#22 ·
Definitely something wrong with your hp#'s they don't jive with the torque. These trucks generally make almost exactly 2x the tq as hp. so you are definitely over the 500hp mark. With that torque you are almost exactly where you should be according to pip. There must have been something off with the calculations on the dyno, at least on the hp side of it.

#19 ·
Dyno numbers

Attachments

#23 ·
do you have v7 ? the tunes make 540 in the extreme tune on the regular. dyno's are tricky , and load needs to be applied. i have had huge disppointments on some dynos but it was JUST the dyno . pm me and i'll see if i cant work to get your issue figured out, although i doubt there is an issue. the kem might possibly come close on the power, but it will not touch the pip in quality, not a chance.

#25 ·
The guy operating the dyno was loading it pretty good but I am not sure what was on after he made the pull. There were a couple times he loaded it up enough to just about stall the tires. I looked through the datalog on Livewire this morning and dyno was not holding the load all the way through or not applying more load. Boost spiked to 36psi and then fell from there, as you can see on the dyno sheet. So if the load would have stayed up the numbers would have been better. Took me a little while to compile the data and see what was going on.

Dyno may have not been set up correctly to apply load for a diesel truck as they had a dyno day there this past weekend and had a bunch of cars.

#33 ·
Different tunes with have different shift patterns...my tune currently is aggressive which is a hard shift...MPD tunes is a great one, they will let you choose how hard you shift and build a tune for your liking.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
#30 ·
how much power are tuned 11-14's making typically? Like 450-480 and 1000ftlbs? I assume all at the tires right

#31 ·
My deleted 2012 with a 2015 turbo swap and NLF cai made 492/1159.

Reactions: borsky4
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.