WW2 Install.. Finally. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WW2 Install.. Finally.

Well I finally got around to installing my WW2, it kept getting put to the back burner for one reason or another over the past couple months. I also have the MPD CCV delete sitting in the garage and my new ceramic coated downpipe to throw in as well. Tonight I got a couple hours to dig in after work before it got dark. First pictures with the upper intake removed, then lower intake. The hardest part was definitely the upper intake so far, some stupid bolt placement there and they all seem to be unreasonably long. Started to get dark so I bailed on the rest of the turbo for the night and turned my attention to the CCV. The stupid bolt placement was a lot more work then I had first intended so I just removed the box and will install the block off plates tomorrow as well as finish the turbo and downpipe. I'm kicking myself right now for putting off buying the H&S CAC kit because it's all in pieces right now and would be incredibly easy to install as I was putting everything back together.
Attached Thumbnails
WW2 Install.. Finally.-1407990290004.jpg   WW2 Install.. Finally.-1407990300899.jpg   WW2 Install.. Finally.-1407990310890.jpg   WW2 Install.. Finally.-1407990329945.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighHP For This Useful Post:
"Stroker 8" (08-18-2014), nelson1each (08-17-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 09:33 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Subscribed!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:21 AM
Premium Member

Coors really helps doesn't it?
Old 08-14-2014, 05:34 AM
Premium Member

Haha yes any beer will do in that situation. Unfortunately once the JD came out progress came to a halt in the dark, I was using my cell phone light for the last 15 mins trying to pull the CCV box out.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:19 AM
Premium Member

Subscribed
Old 08-14-2014, 05:45 PM
LORD OF WAR

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Joining what is almost certain to be a long list of subscribers!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Premium Member

Alright got a decent start on it this morning. Quickly installed the CCV delete and ran the hose, that was pretty quick with everything already removed. Went to take the turbo out and the clamps were easy to get to, did the right first from the right fender hole with the inner fender out. The bolt on the DP was easy to get to from there as well. I did the DP clamp next and dropped it right out of the truck cause I was replacing it. Then the left up pipe. The clamps were stuck pretty good and the truck only has 12000 miles so anyone with any rust starting will prob have a bit harder time. I find a long pry bar from under the fender and whack it with and hammer seemed to pop them all easily. I took the up pipes out cause I had extra gaskets to mount them on the manifolds so I figured the extra room would help, whether it did or not I dunno. The turbo was easy to unbolt but a pain to get out. It's actually a bit heavy and you have to twist it sorta counter clockwise to get it to fit past the HP fuel lines. I had to undo the pedestal bolts in the bottom of the turbo few turns to clear the housing cover. Swapping the wheel was easy, I used a screwdriver to gently hold the turbine and vice grips on the compressor wheel. Then just screwed the new one on til it bottomed and left it like that. Putting the turbo in was a lot easier. Installed exhaust opposite from how it came off, the downpipe screwed me, there was no way to get it in because it wouldn't clear the frame at all. I had to trim 1/2 inch off the bottom section where it mates to the upper section. Once that was done it fit perfectly. Put the intakes back on and filled it with coolant. Anyone considering this should deff do the CCV because the upper intake was way easier with that out of the way. All in all I don't know how much of a difference it made with the truck already tuned, it seems to be a lot more responsive and more low end power but overall just as fast as always. I mainly did this to extend the life of the turbo because I'm pretty hard on it and don't plan on swapping in a new turbo until this one goes.
Attached Thumbnails
WW2 Install.. Finally.-1408074219918.jpg   WW2 Install.. Finally.-1408074236618.jpg   WW2 Install.. Finally.-1408074245853.jpg   WW2 Install.. Finally.-1408074254130.jpg   WW2 Install.. Finally.-1408074263107.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to HighHP For This Useful Post:
nelson1each (08-17-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

Oh and if you do the downpipe you have to slide it up in one piece. In the pictures I mounted the top part and the bottom wouldn't feed over it at all. Had to pull it all out and slide them together the put it back up the back of the engine. I didn't take a picture after it was installed because by then I was so pissed I screwed with it for 2 hrs having to end up cutting it that I just wanted to get the truck finished. At that point the top end was done other the the upper intake.
Attached Thumbnails
WW2 Install.. Finally.-1408074284691.jpg   WW2 Install.. Finally.-1408074295894.jpg   WW2 Install.. Finally.-1408074305176.jpg  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighHP For This Useful Post:
"Stroker 8" (08-18-2014), nelson1each (08-17-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 03:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

How hard would the down pipe install be if u weren't already pulling the turbo? I'm thinking about ordering one for my 2015, but scared of the install. Lol
Old 08-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Premium Member

Not bad at all. Just pull the right inner fender and the upper intake. Could have it swapped out in a couple hours probably.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.