4" flo pro delete pipe - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4" flo pro delete pipe

Just looking for input on how to mount. I have the long bed crew cab. The stock system has a down pipe to the DPF section. This connects to a straight section of pipe. This then connects to the rear section of pipe that goes over the axle and to the tips.

I have the 4" two piece delete pipe + a 51" donaldson to install.

If I simply remove the DPF section, I'd have cut most of the straight section of the rear delete section of pipe away before installation. However, I am worried about NO hangers being present and the suspended length being too long.

I am curious if others have found a solution. It almost looks like I could remove the DPF section AND the stock straight section behind it. The Flo Pro system MAY then be able to use a stock hanger present at the rear of the DPF. The issue is that the donaldson will be located forward near the down pipe. I'd have to cut the delete section in half or better that connects to the down pipe. It gets tight in that area with the frame/etc.

Just curious if any long bed folks have skinned this cat successfully. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 06:39 PM

I have the full 4" DP back exhaust, but similar layout. The straight section uses the front hanger and the next one used is back just before the axle. There is plenty of support between these two points.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The way the 4" Flo Pro pipe is bent on my '13, the pipe is closer to the frame. I tried adjusting the fitting at the downpipe, but it wouldn't work any other way. Does anyone have pics of the front part of the pipe near the downpipe connection? The only reason I mention this is because the large diameter of the Donaldson may prevent it from being under the cab if the pipe located like mine. It opens up at the front of the bed where the frame bends upward so it would easily fit in the extension pipe section on the CCLB.

Last edited by jetskier; 08-13-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:22 PM

Ok…to install the delete pipe, do I need to pull the down pipe off? I cannot seem to reach the top flange bolt that connects the DPF system to the down pipe. Any ideas?

Is it easy to reinstall the down pipe if removed - by accessing underneath? I see what appears to be one bolt up top that looks like it needs to come off in order to remove the down pipe.

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucpa111 View Post
Ok…to install the delete pipe, do I need to pull the down pipe off? I cannot seem to reach the top flange bolt that connects the DPF system to the down pipe. Any ideas?

Is it easy to reinstall the down pipe if removed - by accessing underneath? I see what appears to be one bolt up top that looks like it needs to come off in order to remove the down pipe.

Thanks for any assistance.

You don't need to remove the down pipe. You just have to bend and reach that flange bolt from underneath. I was able to get that one with a long extension and wobble on my ratchet.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:45 PM

Thanks. I think I am going to need to buy a flex extension.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:59 PM

Job is done. DPF is heavy.
Thing sounds like I wanted and performance is improved as well. Thanks for all the input. Happy with the results! I took a 60 mile round trip that used to be 18.5mpg and it's showing 22 on the lie o meter. When I hand calc, we shall see. But that is pretty cool.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:43 PM

did you use jack stands to hold the dpf while taking it off?
Old 08-16-2014, 05:57 PM

Good job. I noticed that after deleting that my lie o meter is dead on. Always within .1 or .2 Mpgs.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:46 AM

I used some ratchet straps. It helped with supporting the weight and I could gradually let it down. It also helped with the installation of the new Donaldson. I stretched the ratchet from running board mount to driveshaft and made a swing I could adjust up and down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.