Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How to add EGT to EGR Delete wth MiniMaxx?

10K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  2014six.7 
#1 ·
Lots of EGR threads going at the moment but I still can't find what I'm looking for. I have ordered a MiniMaxx and No Limit EGR delete. I have the vague understanding that the MiniMaxx can use a stock EGT sensor (removed from the DPF?). What I'm looking for is a little more information as to HOW. Near as I can tell, I need to purchase the H&S PCH board (P/N 709403) which acts as the interface between the EGT sensor and the MiniMaxx. Is that the case? I don't need their Universal Pyro kit (P/N 709401) since I can just scavange a sensor from the DPF right?

If I go that route, I imagine I'd have to cut the connector off one of the DPF sensors. I'd kind of like to keep my DPF plug & play ready in case I need to put it back on in the future. In which case, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just order the universal pyro kit instead. Will the H&S pyrometer fit in the No Limit blocking plate?

#2 ·
use sensor from DPF and install into plate on manifold. Then plug it into where the sensor that was in the egr piping and youre done.

Not full delete so you can see both the new sensor in the middle and old sensor just below it where you unplug and plug in the dpf egr sensor

#9 ·
so the Mini maxx wont read any EGT sensor until you add the one that was in the old down pipe? didnt someone say there is already one installed close to where you have to add the second one?

thanks

#10 ·
A Ford factory EGT sensor can be used with the minimax. Just put the EGT sensor in your pre-threaded exhaust manifold plate that comes with the EGR delete kit or block off plates. EGT sensor plugs into where the EGR EGT sensor was previously plugged. Don't use the EGT sensor from the EGR pipe.

#12 ·
The EGT sensor from the EGR pipe is different then the ones in the DPF. The EGR EGT sensor can't read the high EGT's at the exhaust manifold. Use one of the EGT sensors from your DPF, or go to your dealer and buy a new one for around $30.

Reactions: jetjock15
#14 ·
My EGT sensor went bad and I can't remember which sensor I took off of the DPF to use at the block off plate, does anyone remember which sensor you used for the block off plate or the part number for the probe? I have 2014, thank you in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.