new SCT 7015-competition x4 tuner can't upload any tunes to 2011 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 08-10-2014, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new SCT 7015-competition x4 tuner can't upload any tunes to 2011

Truck was bone stock... tried to upload one of the three tunes, reads out 110AD error. I updated the unit wirelessly, all updates that were available by SCT and still reads the same thing out.

I tried the "upload this file first", which is the custom tune for the truck and it can't load that one either.

It reads the trucks computer vin and information though.

What am i doing wrong?

04 F350 XL
06 F350 Lariat SRW BPD oil cooler, ARP, sinister !egr, s&b intake
06 F350 Lariat C/C DRW 4" Silverline , BPD egr cooler, ARP studs, Garett powermax turbo
07 F550 XL c/c 12' ABC american landscaper
11 F350 Lariat C/C !dpf/doc, SCT 7015
14 F550 Lariat C/C Dump truck, !def/dpf, Flo-Pro, T1 Tuner, S&B intake 3200miles
16 F350 Lariat c/c Nov 2015
post #2 of 17 Old 08-10-2014, 04:20 PM
RTFU!

Did you send the your trucks info back to the tuner? They take your info and send you their "load First File" to match your trucks vin.

You plug it in and send the info on the first 2 screens back to the tuner.

This is for a deleted file, not sure if you do the same thing with stock.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-10-2014, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had the same issue and long story short they had to create a stock file with my strategy code. After the file was in place the tunes uploaded without issue. I'd contact whomever you purchased it from.
post #4 of 17 Old 08-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAirfreak98ss View Post
Truck was bone stock... tried to upload one of the three tunes, reads out 110AD error. I updated the unit wirelessly, all updates that were available by SCT and still reads the same thing out.

I tried the "upload this file first", which is the custom tune for the truck and it can't load that one either.

It reads the trucks computer vin and information though.

What am i doing wrong?
The wireless feature of the X4 will not download the stock file for your truck. It will need to be hooked up to your computer using the USB cable and the SCT program.
post #5 of 17 Old 08-17-2014, 04:11 PM

I had the same problem on my 150 on Friday. I got SCT tech support on the line and they emailed a stock file to load and this fixed the problem. The tuner would not pull my stock info for some reason. Maybe 15 min on the phone and a couple trips from the truck to the computer.

15 F250 Lariat - BFG AT 35" - 1.5" coil spacer front 4" block rear" - S&B Intake - SCT X4 IDP tunes plus Edge CTS2 - No Limit EGR plates - Flo Pro 4" delete - stock tailpipe for now
post #6 of 17 Old 08-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I plan on getting the x4 7015 for my 2011. Hope I don't run into any of these issues
post #7 of 17 Old 08-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7pumper View Post
I plan on getting the x4 7015 for my 2011. Hope I don't run into any of these issues
you will not have any issues. do not load tunes wirelessly. I got you

for everyone else, here's the deal. the 2013-14 were not originally supported for deletes, that being said SCT does not have the database of all the ecu strategies for the 13 and newer trucks. most of the tuners will require a stock file specific to your vin and serial number of the tuner ( x4 and livewire ts) . we are seeing some repeat strategies that are included in the database, but that is a slow process. its a VERY easy process , as david (gridline) has expressed . literally send me the strategy for the ecu , and serial number of the unit, and I will send a stock file , all you do is load it on the tuner ( do not load it otothe truck) , once its loaded it updates the tuner to your specifics, then you load the "load first " file , then whatever custom tune you choose to upload. hope that helps guys .

SCT X4 Off-Road Sale ! $749 for 6.4 or 6.7 up to 2015

Authorized Distributor For :
H&S Motorsports
BMF Wheels
Icon Suspension

No Limit Fabrication
Click Banner Below for All Things No Limit Fab.

800-581-8986

Last edited by bigrpowr; 08-17-2014 at 07:11 PM.
post #8 of 17 Old 08-19-2014, 12:57 PM

i had to use a strategy code on my 2011 its rare but it happens once i got that put on my programmer i could load my tunes to my truck

2011 king ranch f350 cclb 4x4, 6" lift, 20x10 fuel mavericks, 35" toyos, billet grille, ranch hand rear bumper, SCT X4 with PIP tunes, Sinister egr delete, flopro dpf delete pipe

2002 f250 ccsb 4x4
6" pro comp lift kit, 20x10 eagle 064's, 35" trail grapplers, 2007 front clip, Harley Davidson Headlights, Bull nose bumper, Ranch Hand Rear Bumper, dfuser harness, 6637 air filter, straight exhaust, foil delete
post #9 of 17 Old 12-12-2015, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm waiting to hear back from Sct and no limit mine just says error 110ad as soon as I try to load tunes on my 15 and its says failed to update when I try to update it on sct's site

2015 f350 cclb platinum...5% tint, Anzo smoked mirror lights, recon clear cabs, tgc 2.5" spacers, carli adjustable track bar, icon 5" rear blocks, rancho 7000s, Fuel Mavericks wrapped in Toyo MT's, 4" flo pro straight pipe, Sct w gearhead tunes
post #10 of 17 Old 12-28-2015, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Its ashame no one tells you that you MUST use a Windows based computer in order to even update the thing. In order to attempt to get the updates to work, I went out and purchased a Windows laptop just for this. Low and behold, once I got the computer home, I find out that the updates do not work with Windows 10. Unfortunately SCT is closed. I'm was about to the point of packing this paper weight up and sending it back, but I'll see what the guys at SCT say in the morning.

"But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

2 Corinthians 4:16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode