A few Mini Maxx Questions (resale, torque mgt, etc.) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 04:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A few Mini Maxx Questions (resale, torque mgt, etc.)

Hi All,

1. What is the resale value of the mini maxx that can do the deletes that rudy's sells?

1a. How would the resale go? Do you have to return to stock? Can you leave the tune on your truck and then just tell the buyer they will need to buy another code (and price accordingly).

2. Does the Mini Maxx remove the torque management or give you options to remove %'s of it? I have read the manual and it doesnt appear to be listed but I am sure it does, but figured I'd ask.

EXHAUST Questions:
1. I am trying to understand which exhaust type to get. I have done some research and it look slike AFE and MBRP are the best to get aluminzed vs stainless, sounds like stainless is best)?

A. Is 4" or 5" better or worse for any particular reason or is 4" fine? Do you gain anything with a 5"?

2. I see they sell downpipe and I believe delete pips, what do you get if you are wanting to delete? What are the differences?

3. Do most of you guys run without a muffler? Is it crazy loud or perfect? I know this is personal preference but whatever.
3a. If you run with or without a muffler, can you tell me why you went with whatever option you bought?

I will probably have more questions but this will be a good start.

PS. I have a 2013 KR 250.

Last edited by TX_TRU_STUD; 08-08-2014 at 04:16 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_TRU_STUD View Post
Hi All,

1. What is the resale value of the mini maxx that can do the deletes that rudy's sells?

1a. How would the resale go? Do you have to return to stock? Can you leave the tune on your truck and then just tell the buyer they will need to buy another code (and price accordingly).

2. Does the Mini Maxx remove the torque management or give you options to remove %'s of it? I have read the manual and it doesnt appear to be listed but I am sure it does, but figured I'd ask.

EXHAUST Questions:
1. I am trying to understand which exhaust type to get. I have done some research and it look slike AFE and MBRP are the best to get aluminzed vs stainless, sounds like stainless is best)?
I went with flo-pro 5" aluminized because I figured it would hold up just fine. Fit and finish were great

A. Is 4" or 5" better or worse for any particular reason or is 4" fine? Do you gain anything with a 5"?
There is little to no performance increase on a canned tuned truck with 5" over 4

2. I see they sell downpipe and I believe delete pips, what do you get if you are wanting to delete? What are the differences?
I went with a downpipe back exhaust, easy to install and it got rid of that dual stock tip that I didn't like.

3. Do most of you guys run without a muffler? Is it crazy loud or perfect? I know this is personal preference but whatever.
I went with no muffler because it was cheaper, I wanted to see how it would sound first, and I can always add a muffler later. But I will tell you, it is very loud. Not like a Chevy gasser with glass packs loud, but loud. That should answer 3A as well.

3a. If you run with or without a muffler, can you tell me why you went with whatever option you bought?

But deleting it is very much worth it.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:13 PM

Thanks!

Any other comments to my questions? I appreciate it all in advance.

One more question, what causes the "squelch" when you guys rev your engines and smoke comes out of the pipe and as the engine revs down it make a squelch type noise. Prolly a n00b question but whatever ha. I thought I read somewhere you can do something to stop that. Ill have to find the post.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The screech sound is the waste gate opening and closing with a straight pipe. I just installed a Donaldson muffler today and the screech sound is gone but so is half the sound coming from the straight pipe
Old 08-08-2014, 05:13 PM

Who do we talk to at Rudy's? I want to make sure I get the right tuner.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtwinharley View Post
The screech sound is the waste gate opening and closing with a straight pipe. I just installed a Donaldson muffler today and the screech sound is gone but so is half the sound coming from the straight pipe
Thx a bunch!
Old 08-08-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Hi All,

1. What is the resale value of the mini maxx that can do the deletes that rudy's sells?Depends in the market, but you might take a 50% hit on it.

1a. How would the resale go? Do you have to return to stock? YesCan you leave the tune on your truck and then just tell the buyer they will need to buy another code (and price accordingly).The truck returns to a stock power level when you unplug the MM. I believe that it would still be able to run without CELs unless you set the MM to return to stock before you unplug. If you do that, it won't run unless you re-install the DPF, EGR, etc.

EXHAUST Questions:
1. I am trying to understand which exhaust type to get. I have done some research and it look slike AFE and MBRP are the best to get aluminzed vs stainless, sounds like stainless is best)? Pretty much personal preference on the brand. It is a pipe with some bends and clamps on it. Construction depends on the climate and whether or not they salt the roads in your area in the winter. Either way, stainless will last the longest.

A. Is 4" or 5" better or worse for any particular reason or is 4" fine? Do you gain anything with a 5"? I have read that the 5" produces a deeper tone, but otherwise almost no difference with a stock turbo, fueling, etc.

2. I see they sell downpipe and I believe delete pips, what do you get if you are wanting to delete? What are the differences?A downpipe back system is complete from the downpipe to the tailpipe. A delete pipe bolts in between the downpipe and tailpipe sections in lieu of the DPF.

3. Do most of you guys run without a muffler? Is it crazy loud or perfect? I know this is personal preference but whatever. I run a 40" muffler and it is a lot quieter than without.
3a. If you run with or without a muffler, can you tell me why you went with whatever option you bought?A straight pipe is too loud for me. I really liked how quiet the truck was before deleting. With a 40" muff on a CCLB, I have enough room to add one more. I may try that to see how that sounds.

Good luck. It was worth it to me and I wouldn't go back.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Thanks!

Any other comments to my questions? I appreciate it all in advance.

One more question, what causes the "squelch" when you guys rev your engines and smoke comes out of the pipe and as the engine revs down it make a squelch type noise. Prolly a n00b question but whatever ha. I thought I read somewhere you can do something to stop that. Ill have to find the post.
The difference between the waste gate opening and closing sound on a 4" and 5" is surprisingly noticeable. My buddy had a 4" on his '11 and it was loud and obnoxious. The sound on my '13 with a 5" MBRP is minimal and quite unnoticeable.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:29 PM

I have noticed in the last month or so that prices for used Minis have gone down since the SCT tuners have came out and are cheaper than even most used minis.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79_bronco View Post
I have noticed in the last month or so that prices for used Minis have gone down since the SCT tuners have came out and are cheaper than even most used minis.
Have a good link?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.