Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

S&B Letting in dust

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  garyfulton 
#1 · (Edited)
S&B Letting in dust (Now with pics)

Hey all,

I drive some moderately dusty conditions for about 10% of my driving, I have found on my last 2 filter changes that my S&B intake is letting in very small amounts of dust. IMHO any dust is too much dust.

Anyone else have this issue?

I saw more of it around the MAF sensor so I added some gasket sealer this time, but will check again very soon.

Looks like a Donaldson/Volant 61514 will fit in this intake and they claim 99.97% dust filtration which is higher than S&B do you think that would help?

If I cant find a solution to this very fast I will go back to stock intake.

Thanks.

#8 ·
I'm on gravel and dirt roads 40% of my driving and have never found dust in my intake tubes so far. I run the oiled filter, clean it every 2 months. And replace filter every 12-18 months

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
I have an early build s&b which was before they started putting Removeable plugs in.

Mine does however, have the clear plastic lid off. And has been like that since new

#10 ·

This pic shows how dirty is was at last filter change (stuff I missed when I wiped it out this am) ... the next is from 20km of dirt road following a truck for about 5km of that 20.

I cleaned it, drove it that 20km and checked it. Waiting to hear back from S&B to see what they think.

#12 ·
Huh, maybe I'll roll with the lid off and see what happens.

Talked to S&B about it, they are sending me a new adaptor (piece the MAF screws into and filter attaches too) they said they have heard of those castings (plastic) being bad before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.