New guy, whats the best setup - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jcain
  • 1 Post By N2Deep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New guy, whats the best setup

Whats the best setup on tuner, exhaust delete, CAI, egr block off. Or any other combo thats safe.

I have a 2012 F350 4x4 SRW, I want more power. But don't wanna hurt my motor or transmission. I had read some post where people had hurt their tranny with using a tuner. I wanna add more power, but not at the cost of hurting the motor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Then don't tune it or add anything.
blakerugg likes this.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:57 AM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your motor and transmission should be fine. I would go with the H&S Mini Maxx, Flo Pro exhaust, any cold air intake and any EGR block plate kit or full delete kit. That should get you started at least...
The Following User Says Thank You to Dantron For This Useful Post:
Bryce18 (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 12:56 PM

I've seen a lot of post for the SCT x4 an mini max tuners. Which one is a better tuner? On exhaust, it would be flo-pro or AFE 5" with no muffler. On intake, S&B or AFE. EGR block off????

And on the tuners, why do you like yours? Pro's/Con's
Okielawnboy likes this.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm going thru the same dilemma right now on my '12.I have about settled on H&S xrt pro, and got AFE cold air coming. Still need an exhaust and not sure about deleting egr since it looks like the issues w the coolers are over.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I sell both tuners. the sct x4 is the best bang for the buck, coming in cheaper at $749 , where the mini maxx is $1899 , obviously there are discounts on either when purchasing a package. the mini maxx is superior in monitoring and the ability to use mcc which allows custom tuning options. the sct tunes are very good as well the h&s . you can also go with the XRT pro at $1499, I sell those as well. best bet is buying everything at once to get the best savings.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I have found an intake used and a couple of unlocked programmers used locally. Still hunting for exhaust but going to wait a bit to recover. Trying to make this as easy on the wallet as possible.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If your going with the XRT I'd recommend looking into the Edge Insight CTS as well... makes up for the inability to monitor gauges through the XRT. screen is bigger than the mini as well so its easier to see. Cant go wrong with a Flo-Pro down pipe back with or without muffler (depends on how loud you like it). I just installed my 5" flo pro this weekend and it only took a few hours to do. For the EGR, if your not planning on deleting it all together, your better off at least picking up some block off plates. It'll let you run a probe to monitor your EGTs (have to buy the edge probe though) but more importantly your not filling your EGR with exhaust that's just backing up against the valve (your supposed to disable the valve by unplugging the connection for it when running DPF delete tuning). I picked up an EGR delete kit and just used the manifold block off and had an aluminum plate to cap off the EGR inlet fabricated. you can probably still pick up an old H&S block off set that's floating around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.