6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Basic Delete Pipe- Diamond Eye??

I will be installing a basic 4" race pipe as part of my delete process. I don't need anything fancy, and the best price I can find is a Diamond Eye piece. From the pictures, it looks to only have one hangar. Other brands have two. Has anyone used this product with their deletes, or any Diamond Eye product for that matter? Good or bad experiences? What other brands are a good value for just a basic delete pipe? Thanks.
post #2 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Man lemme tell you what on my new truck I actually like the chrome tips so instead of getting a full exhaust like my 13 I was in the same boat I just wanted a basic delete pipe and low and behold Flo-pro makes a basic test pipe that bolts to the down pipe and the bolt up to the 3 bolt flange rite before the tailpipe section and its only about $250!! hit up dieselpowerproducts.com they shipped mine out and I had it in 3 days

**14 F-350 CCLB Lariat w/ HIPS !!**Sinister EGR kit** 4 inch Flow-Pro w/ 36" Magnaflow** H&S XRT PRO w/ SPE Heavy Tow Tune**AFE Stage 2**H&S CAC Kit**Edge CTS gauges**ICON stage 3 2.5 w/ tubular radius arms & 4 inch blocks**4.30 Yukons w/ Trutracs**Firestone ride rites**BW turnover**N-Fab cab Lengths**03.5-04 PSD Badges**20" Fuel Maverick Duals**Mag.Hytec Covers**
post #3 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 01:20 PM

Super basic, one hanger, a pipe clamp, and flare flange at the downpipe

**14 F-350 CCLB Lariat w/ HIPS !!**Sinister EGR kit** 4 inch Flow-Pro w/ 36" Magnaflow** H&S XRT PRO w/ SPE Heavy Tow Tune**AFE Stage 2**H&S CAC Kit**Edge CTS gauges**ICON stage 3 2.5 w/ tubular radius arms & 4 inch blocks**4.30 Yukons w/ Trutracs**Firestone ride rites**BW turnover**N-Fab cab Lengths**03.5-04 PSD Badges**20" Fuel Maverick Duals**Mag.Hytec Covers**
post #4 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 02:22 PM
mcd

Yep, same pipe I have on mine (flo-pro). Gets the job done and is simple to install.
post #5 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Sounds good. Did you go with Aluminized or Stainless? I'm in the Houston area, so salted roads are never a problem. But I'd hate to have it (aluminized) rusting after a couple years.

Also, how is the sound? I don't mind the wastegate screech too much, and higher volume overall is not a deal breaker for me. But, I cannot stand any kind of drone. What's yall's opinion of the new sound?
post #6 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt500 View Post
Sounds good. Did you go with Aluminized or Stainless? I'm in the Houston area, so salted roads are never a problem. But I'd hate to have it (aluminized) rusting after a couple years.

Also, how is the sound? I don't mind the wastegate screech too much, and higher volume overall is not a deal breaker for me. But, I cannot stand any kind of drone. What's yall's opinion of the new sound?
keep muffler.

I sell the flo pro delete . hit me up if I can help.

SCT X4 Off-Road Sale ! $749 for 6.4 or 6.7 up to 2015

Authorized Distributor For :
H&S Motorsports
BMF Wheels
Icon Suspension

No Limit Fabrication
Click Banner Below for All Things No Limit Fab.

800-581-8986

post #7 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 08:38 PM

I used the diamond eye delete pipe on my 6.7. Great fitment, looks great and got it for $170 bucks from usa freedom diesel. Cheapest i could find anywhere for a delete pipe

2011 6.7 Powerstroke - 8" BDS lift - 37" Toyo M/T's - 20" Fuel Wheels - SCT Deleted - AFE Drop in filter
post #8 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 08:40 PM

And with my delete pipe cant even hear the exhaust in the cab unless you really got your foot into it, no drone what so ever.

2011 6.7 Powerstroke - 8" BDS lift - 37" Toyo M/T's - 20" Fuel Wheels - SCT Deleted - AFE Drop in filter
post #9 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 09:21 PM

Yes even with no muffler its very very mellow but you do get a pretty good amount and of wastegate noise but I don't mind it neither

post #10 of 12 Old 07-13-2014, 09:24 PM

Ya i personally love the waste gate screech and turbo whistle on these trucks
Cheap6.7 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode