Have everything to delete... how long am I looking at? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 06:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Have everything to delete... how long am I looking at?

Just got quoted $800 to $1,000 for installation of full exhaust, complete egr delete, and installing my XRT and CTS with a windshield mount and an EGT probe. This sounded a bit high to me but was wondering the time it would take to do it? It may be a smokin deal and I just don't know it.

The shop said they would work with me however they could, and they have done work for me in the past at a reasonable rate and high quality of workmanship and service.

Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 07:14 PM
LORD OF WAR

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dam that's good money for that amount of work....if ur the guy doing the work! Tuner and exhaust can be on in 2 hrs taking your sweet time. Egr delete 5ish hours taking your time. If you have some mechanical aptitude save your money...and do it yourself... That's my 2 cents
Cheap6.7 likes this.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yea i would def do it yourself if you can there are a couple of bolts that are a pain to get to on the EGR cooler but the rest if very straight forward
Old 07-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Give yourself half a day. On top of saving money you will feel good about a job well done.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:47 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Exhaust and tuner are a lot easier then you would think. Can't Comment on egr.

Tip for the exhaust - unbolt the hangers from the frame (8 bolts or so) and then take off the mounts with the dpf out from under the truck. Made it much easier.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:19 PM

Do it yourself and have the satisfaction of having done it yourself. It's not rocket science
Old 07-10-2014, 12:40 PM

Guess I forgot to mention that I would do the work myself except for having sold our home and living with in-laws until we build or buy another. Oh and my tools are tucked in the back of a storage unit.

Being homeless sucks!!!

I may call a buddy and see about using his shop and tools though.
Cheap6.7 likes this.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:49 PM

Just did mine today, under 2 hours to drop exhaust and install full system. Do your self a favor and unbolt the hangers instead of trying to slide them out of the rubber mounts. Way faster!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:54 PM
RLTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin schifano View Post
Just did mine today, under 2 hours to drop exhaust and install full system. Do your self a favor and unbolt the hangers instead of trying to slide them out of the rubber mounts. Way faster!
Yup, I did mine today too. took me 3.5 hours with beverage breaks. I did NOT unbolt the hangers first. It would have made a huge time difference.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:45 AM

I'll be doing mine later in the month when I have time free from work... completely agree with everyone above...DIY!!Me personally, I wont tackle anything extensive that involves pulling/opening engine or tranmission, but DPF and EGR are pretty much plug and play. I've got access to a lift on the base I'm stationed on but even that's not needed.. just gives a bit more room to work with. As far as the EGR, I'd play with the bolts on the manifold before you actually start deleting. They can be a pain to get off and alot of guys on here have plenty of stories of them snaping off half way out. I pulled mine out one day after a long drive, while the engine was still hot and they eased out fine. Every few weeks I do the same until I do my delete. Beter to have one break off before you pull the DPF and get stuck with a partially dismantled truck... just my .02$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.