H&S Ripped me off $100 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree13Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 11:51 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S Ripped me off $100

So, i purchased a "used" Mini Maxx Race tuner 2 weeks ago online. I had read a couple posts on these forums that these need to be unlocked for my truck specifically my VIN. Well, i proactively called H&S before i recieved the Tuner and they confirmed this to be true. When my mini maxx came in, i updated the tuner online and installed it in my truck without needing a "code" or however its unlocked. I thought this was wierd as H&S verified that i needed a code. I sent H&S the following email and revieved the following response:

Hi, 2 weeks ago i was talked into NEEDING a unlock code for a used Mini maxx that i had purchased on ebay, i read online that it was necessary to have this code so i called you guys and you confirmed that i needed it. Well i recieved my Mini Maxx and i did not need the code, and dont even know where this code goes. Its dissa pointing becuase thats $100 that i was going to use towards more products from you guys. Is there anyway we can work out some "credit" towards H&S product vs. giving a refund? PLease let me know ASAP
xxx-xxx-0154

thanks
Kris

This is the response i got back:

Subject: H&S Performance
Kris,

Thank you for the email. Unlock codes are non refundable as they are not tangible products that can be returned. Once a code is issued, it is valid for that VIN number forever. We do apologize for whatever confusion may have happened, but unfortunately we cannot issue a credit or refund for an unlock code.

If you would like to discuss this in detail please give us a call.

Sincerely,

H&S Tech Support
----------------------------------

Can you believe that? I call them and ask them for advice on how to properly install THEIR product in my truck, they give me the WRONG information, I PAY for it and this is the response/Customer service i get?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I wouldnt have bought the code if it wasnt NEEDED!!! DUH! Has this happend to anyone else? This has really turned me off to H&S, sure its only $100 but when you pay the hefty price for the device in the 1st place, this is just a slap in the face!!!! very dissapointed.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I understand the product can not be returned, and is vin locked, but I disagree with them not reinbursing you in some way. Or discounting another product or merchandise

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-25-2014, 02:44 PM

I dont agree with a public display even if you think you know ALL the answers.......
HighHP likes this.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario Trucker View Post
I dont agree with a public display even if you think you know ALL the answers.......
You have a right to your opinion. Companies live and die by their reputation...period. As for my opinion, if they are going to do business this way, i dont see whats wrong with showing ppl exactly how they do business.
STANGMAN893 likes this.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:05 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How much did you pay for the Mini Maxx? Did you buy from an individual seller or a vendor? Also, what year is your truck? If the tuner is a genuine #109003, the original owner would have needed to purchase and apply his VIN specific unlock code to access 6.7 Powerstroke tuning. The part that confuses me is that you were able to access tuning for your truck without entering a VIN specific code, which you seemed to have purchased through misinformation provided by the H&S representative. What is the purpose of requiring a VIN to obtain the software unlock code when someone else is able to use the same tuner on their vehicle having a different VIN? To simply keep tabs on people that have purchased?

If they did supply you with false information, though hard to prove, it would be fair if they at least credited you towards an MCC unlock. However, you would need to prove that you absolutely clarified to the H&S representative the tuner had been previously used.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdbllung View Post
You have a right to your opinion. Companies live and die by their reputation...period. As for my opinion, if they are going to do business this way, i dont see whats wrong with showing ppl exactly how they do business.
you are one measly, little, angry person. it's going to take a little more than you to put a hurt on Bentley's reputation....
Old 06-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If it's like spartan, which I have a 6.4, the "code" you need for their product I believe enables you to buy custom tunes and load those. Bc I was under the assumption from their literature that I needed to do all this stuff and sign a waiver for mine and get some unlock code, but I installed my tuner on a Sunday, bc I'm impatient and their office isn't open on weekends, before ever contacting them and was able to use every tune, dpf on and off.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Just so i understand correctly. You bought an unlock code because you thought the tuner was locked but once you received the tuner it was unlocked? If so i dont think thats H&S fault.
sagebel, pops250 and dieselflash like this.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:46 PM

He was told He needed a VIN code for his Truck to use the used tuner on his truck

He bought the code ahead of time

but when His used Tuner showed up He plugged it in and it worked fine rendering the code un needed

that's what I get anyway
Old 06-25-2014, 04:47 PM

hopefully you paid them with a credit card,this way you CAN get you're money back!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.