Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2014+ DPF Delete and Programming Thread

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Saskpowerstroke 
#1 ·
I picked up a new 2014 Powerstroke last weekend, and I gotta be honest I've been searching on the topic here and there are a ton of CRAP threads out there on this topic with absolutely no clear direction on how to accomplish this. So in order to provide clear direction to interested members I am starting this thread. I know SCT got screwed by the EPA over this, so it is technically illegal in the USA to delete your DPF and update your computer, but I know people have accomplished it.

IF you have accomplished a DPF delete on a 2014+ with the appropriate programming, please list what parts you purchased as far as exhaust, and how you got the appropriate flash update.

Also as a bonus please list your gains in MPG, Power/TQ, etc..

I'm new to the diesel community also, so I want to confirm something. I've read that your DPF long term is hurting the longevity of your engine. So I would like some True/False Input on that.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Speak to Rudy's diesel or Punch It Performance for competition tunes. Other than that a full exhaust or race pipe in place of the dpf filter is needed. It is wise to buy the egr cooler delete as well vs just the block off plates. Yes the DPF and EGR hold soot which equals bad for engine and slugs it up. Their are plenty of good threads on here to go off of. I will be purchasing a tuner this summer myself. Rudy's and Punch It are the only two sources that I know that sell SCT competition tunes for 13-14 models.

#6 ·
I think only removing emissions equipment is illegal. It's legal to update or tune the computer, but will void factory warranty.

There are no programming differences between a 2013 and 2014.

H&S Mini Maxx, H&S block plates, H&S CAI, Gearhead tunes, Flo Pro delete pipe, Donaldson muffler, and MBRP dual exits.

12 MPG City with 8 inch lift on 38's. The truck is much faster now with more responsive acceleration. The DPF, EGR, and SCR serve no purpose other than to purify emissions and will sacrifice the engine's longevity and performace in return.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.