what level tune to DD and work with since delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 06:35 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what level tune to DD and work with since delete

My ford tech told me it was a horrible idea to tune my '13 dually since deleted. How but some input from anyone with experience working and playing in these deleted trucks while tuned. That ford tech acted like me having mine on street tune was absolutely ridiculous. I work my truck and like to play lightly once in a while but i dont wanna kill it. Whats yalls input??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Its all hit or miss. Some people break stock, some people break tuned and some people never break.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:21 AM

That it? No experience from you guys with these tuned trucks, good,bad,ugly. Anyone killed there turbo cause of bad tuning,tuned to high, drove to hard or abused,overworked or overloaded??? Lets hear some stories . Anyone hurt anything else besides a turbo?
Old 05-25-2014, 10:29 AM

Like I said on PSA, 30k miles on the performance tune . If you're worried about your turbo, why not get a custom low boost tune? My turbo surges under certain conditions but I'm not sure if that's because I'm tuned or why.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:48 AM

I usually hit up this site and PSA to get a good variety of input. Do you recomend anybody for low boost custom tunes? I dont ever see over 25 psi to begin with so i wasn,t really concerned about hurting my turbo, I think the ford tech was just being cautious maybe, but it made me wanna ask here and on PSA. From what I've asked and read I think I wanna go with a performance SPE tune and a Gearhead tranny tune from Matt. It seems alot of guys are liking this combo, guess It's one of those things where I just need to try it out ya know. We never know until we try right. I just need to get some info on how that setup is aquired on a canned unlocked H&S xrt
Old 05-25-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple/6.7 View Post
I usually hit up this site and PSA to get a good variety of input. Do you recomend anybody for low boost custom tunes? I dont ever see over 25 psi to begin with so i wasn,t really concerned about hurting my turbo, I think the ford tech was just being cautious maybe, but it made me wanna ask here and on PSA. From what I've asked and read I think I wanna go with a performance SPE tune and a Gearhead tranny tune from Matt. It seems alot of guys are liking this combo, guess It's one of those things where I just need to try it out ya know. We never know until we try right. I just need to get some info on how that setup is aquired on a canned unlocked H&S xrt
Hitting up both PSA and the org is usually what I do too. What tunes do you have currently? With the Hot X tuning from SPE I see around 30psi boost on the performance tune. If you plan on towing a lot, I know a member by the name of Carli'd6.7 has a custom "tow tune" from SPE which I believe has lower boost as well for safety. He also uses the Gearhead transmission tunes as well.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:43 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just passed 20k being deleted and I work my truck fairly hard its seen various weights up to 22,000 and elevation climbs up to 8000 feet in one particular 6000 foot climb it was 118 outside vegas with 12,000 outback. In that pull I held 1400 EGTS for 2 miles and saw coolant temps of 230 and trans temps of 218. You really have to try to break these trucks. The main thing as far as im concerned is you need to maintain your truck as hard as you work it. If your going to tow heavy and beat on er then change the oil frequently ive never gone over 3000 miles but im running syn blend with XL17. Also I run motorcraft cetane booster with ever tank. Now that ive hit 20k I plan to do the diff fluid and throw a magtec cover on change the coolant out and do the fuel filters. Maybe that alil OCD but I figure if you take car of the truck it will take care of you
Old 05-26-2014, 06:54 AM

Carli'd 6.7 gives me alot of advice. His input is always appreciated
I'm just running canned H&S tunes right now my boost levels dont get near 30 psi with with em. My previous truck was a 6.0 (used as a hotshot truck) so OCD level maintence is what im used to and thats how this truck gets treated as well. What can it hurt right? I need to get my egr cooler and ccv mod done and quit worrying about this motor lol so i can start on smoothing out the suspension. Thanks again guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.