Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

how much power before problems

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  garyfulton 
#1 ·
i got the dpf deleted and a xrt pro installed wondering whats a safe level on the tuner that way i don't have any problems ? im gonna delete the egr on it this week also looking for mileage also

#2 ·
I run mine on the performance tune and I have for the past 30K miles. If your turbo is gonna blow up, its gonna blow up regardless of what tune you are running.

#6 ·
You shouldn't have to worry about the tranny on these truck, people have proven that they can handle a lot of power and a lot of abuse. If anything is gonna die it's gonna be your turbo and they blow up regardless if you are tuned or not

#5 ·
Took the words right outta my mouth!!!
OP what area is your main concern, or is just the "Infamous" Turbo syndrome? Lots of great info/advice on here that might help ya out so ask away my friend, ask away.:)

#8 ·
Every truck is different. I've got 78k miles and still original turbo. I've seen them blow with 10k miles stock and last over 100k miles on the performance tune. I've also seen trucks run 150k miles or more with original turbos and even seen one with 500k miles original turbo.

#10 ·
Yup, that's why there are so many turbo kits coming out for the 6.7 powerstroke. They're not all just for power but for reliability as well.

#16 ·
Oh you'll know when it's goin. I've been running H&S high performance tune and nitrous for around 4 years and all is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.