Carli Spring Pack w/ 8 Inch Lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 01:41 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Carli Spring Pack w/ 8 Inch Lift

I may be needing to upgrade my rear suspension and I'm curious about using a Carli spring pack. Would I be able to use one for an 8 inch lift if I put a block underneath? Do they really improve ride quality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can't comment on ride quality but as long as your u-bolts are long enough you can can use it with any size lift you want. In theory it should soften your rear springs by replacing the thick bottom overload with multiple thinner leafs. With all this money you're spending on suspension and new wheels and tires Dantron, you could have yourself an Elite VGT turbo kit
Old 05-24-2014, 11:15 AM
POWERCHOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_270 View Post
I can't comment on ride quality but as long as your u-bolts are long enough you can can use it with any size lift you want. In theory it should soften your rear springs by replacing the thick bottom overload with multiple thinner leafs. With all this money you're spending on suspension and new wheels and tires Dantron, you could have yourself an Elite VGT turbo kit
I know man! I had to get the right stance before a new turbo, which I did accomplish this time. I only have 6k miles on the truck, so it feels early for a turbo replacement. I have two sets of wheels and tires to sell now as well as some other parts which will all go towards my turbo fund! I'm definitely going to hold off on rear suspenstion until after the turbo though.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:38 AM

It's never to early for a turbo kit. What parts and what kind of wheels are you selling? If your want the rear of your truck to ride nice then I'd suggest doing the 4.5" lift springs and then blocks for the rest of the height. It'll ride a lot softer in the back but if you plan on towing lots then you would need air bags as well.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:37 PM
POWERCHOKER

I'm selling stock wheels and tires, AF Rebel 20x10's and Toyo 37x13.5x20's, set of Pro Comp monotube shocks, set of Bilstein 5160 reservoir shocks, 3.5" coil spacers, 6.0" coil spring, and other miscellaneous items. It should be $4,000-$5,000 worth, enough to buy the conversion mount at least. I wonder if Danville Performance sells a 10 blade turbo?

Ah, screw the rear suspension for now. I was just looking for some opinions on the Carli spring pack and if it would work for an 8 inch lift. The truck rides smooth enough already.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:58 PM

What height lift are the Bilsteins for? You can call Danville and ask them which turbo will produce the most whistle.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:00 PM
POWERCHOKER

I think the Bilsteins are for 4-6 inches of lift. Yeah, I will definitely call them before buying one. I would love one that whistled during idle. Maybe there's a high idle mod for turbo's. Haha..
Old 05-24-2014, 06:53 PM

I would figure that using the Carli pack with a block would result in a lot of axle wrap unless u went with some traction bars since the Carli pack is softer.

Sent from somewhere in BFE
Old 05-24-2014, 07:31 PM
POWERCHOKER

Good point. I have traction bars. I'm going to wait a while before doing anything to the rear suspension anyway. I'm good with a block and a couple add-a-leafs for now.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:47 AM

Bet it would ride sweet though. Let us know if u use the Carli leaves. I'd like to but I have a 350 and haul a lot of weight.

Sent from somewhere in BFE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.