new 6.7 owner need some advice dpf de;ete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 07:32 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new 6.7 owner need some advice dpf de;ete

whats up everyone i just bought a 2012 6.7 and love it! im going to be ordering a dpf delete tuner but dont know what to get ! only ones i have found are the spartan, h&s xrt and the mini maxx also a new torque technologies or something like that! what do u guys reccomend and why thansk everyone ! im not gonna be running tuning just delete the dpf maybe the egr and i have to adjust for the tire size and the tpms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My vote is for H&S. I would advise to do some research on here and form your opinion. Lots of god guys with good ideas.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:56 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I vote XRT-PRO and Edge Insight
Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 PM

so xrt ? my buddy has it and seems good i just didnt know if there was a big diff between them since im not gonna be running the tuning !! also the place im looking to buy it from says i dont need the unlock code anymore but other places say yes anyone know for sure ! they want 1550 shipped so im about 2gs into it for that and exhuast
Old 05-20-2014, 09:10 AM

X2 on the XRT and Insight.. got my tuner and CTS, just letting the bank account recover a bit before i buy the Flo-Pro and EGR kit. some are unlocked, some require the code. Ture Race tuners, part#109005, will require the $100 unlock from H&S website for your vin#. the older street tuners, 109006, are capeable of being unlocked to allow DPF removed tuning.. with highsulfur fuel settings. if you go the 006 route, make sure it's already unlocked, unless you can quailify for the EPA exemption to get the unlock through H&S. the 006's after unlocked remain unlocked regardless of a new vehicle or not... just make sure it's not Vin locked if ordering used. 005's will NOT have a S/N in the settings screen, 006's will. both work the same with same capeability. also support MCC unlocks and custom tunes. If shift on the fly is not a huge selling point I'd go XRT... I like the fact that I dont need my tuner pluged in 24/7, if your truck gets broken into and your Mini Maxx gets jacked your pretty much SOL... hope this helps as I was in your shoes for the past month and a half. tons of good info on the site, you just have to dig for it.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:55 AM

I say mini maxx for defuels. But the XRT pro will work just as well. They right about leaving the mini in the window. I'm kinda worried bout it myself. I have a cts screen in my 2nd gen dodge and like it but it is HUGE. I like the mini maxx screen.

Sent from somewhere in BFE
Old 05-20-2014, 12:10 PM

I found a Xrt from a shop in Montana he hooked me up the Xrt pro unlocked and a 5" downpipe baxk exhaust for 1650 shipped !! What else should I do
Old 05-20-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorgabe View Post
I found a Xrt from a shop in Montana he hooked me up the Xrt pro unlocked and a 5" downpipe baxk exhaust for 1650 shipped !! What else should I do
edge insight CTS and you'll be set.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:37 PM

I ordered the sinister egr delete also!! Do I just plug the cts and it will work of how's that work
Old 05-20-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorgabe View Post
I ordered the sinister egr delete also!! Do I just plug the cts and it will work of how's that work
Yep just plug it in to the OBD2 and you have all the gauges you need except egts. Since you ordered the sinister kit i would get the edge egt probe for the cts that way you have everything covered.
The Following User Says Thank You to PSDJohn For This Useful Post:
Tidestroke6.7 (05-27-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.