XRT Pro Race vs XRT Pro Street (unlocked) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
XRT Pro Race vs XRT Pro Street (unlocked)

So I'll throw this one out there for all those who are smarter at this than I am. Is there a difference between the XRT Race tuner and the XRT street that has been unlocked to allow DPF removal? Obviously the SW version is different and the street has a S/N, but function wise is there a difference? Been looking on line to pick one up to delete my '12 F250 and have seen several of each that are up for grabs used. Obviously it must be uninstalled from the previous truck but if the street tuner has been unlocked I would think it'd stay unlocked for my truck as well...right? Would updating the software disable the unlock on the street or should it stay unlocked regardless of update. I'd rather buy a brand new Race version, but the difference in price is a pretty big factor. But in the end I don't want to drop a ton of cash on a sweet looking paper weight!!!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 02:07 PM

Thought I should add that the unlocked Street Tuners I have available to buy are XRT Pro that have SW version 1.03.0
Old 05-10-2014, 03:05 PM

i bought a used street tuner and had custom tunes put on it and saved alot of coin
Old 05-10-2014, 03:11 PM

was it unlocked for the Highsulfur when you bought it and did you have any issues doing the software updates without loosing the unlock? i'm guessing you just had to buy the MCC unlock to load the custom tunes, which ones you running and how are they working? PM me if you don't want to put out there who/what your running.

sorry for all the questions but that tax return check is burning a hole in my pockets!!!
Old 05-11-2014, 07:32 PM

i dont believe it was not unlocked for highsulfer. I just had to update my tuner to the latest version from h&s. Yes i had to get mcc unlock and im running tunes from spe diesel. There tunes are pretty good. Power is great to
Old 05-11-2014, 08:16 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01redcrew View Post
i dont believe it was not unlocked for highsulfer. I just had to update my tuner to the latest version from h&s. Yes i had to get mcc unlock and im running tunes from spe diesel. There tunes are pretty good. Power is great to
Do you think SPE's custom tunes would allow you to remove the DPF if you didn't already have the DPF delete option on your tuner? I already have an $1800 "race" tuner + MCC + Custom Tunes, but I'm wondering if I could have bought an $850 "street" tuner + MCC + Custom Tunes with the same result?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
Do you think SPE's custom tunes would allow you to remove the DPF if you didn't already have the DPF delete option on your tuner? I already have an $1800 "race" tuner + MCC + Custom Tunes, but I'm wondering if I could have bought an $850 "street" tuner + MCC + Custom Tunes with the same result?
I'm not saying yes, but I've heard that... yes...
Old 05-13-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
Where are you finding a street tuner for 850$? H&s web site suggested retail price is just that!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:18 AM

You won't find one for that price. They quit making them almost a year ago. They are on "backorder" until they receive CARB exemption (IE, eternal backorder)
Old 05-13-2014, 05:21 PM

It could possibly work. Wink wink lol. I got my street tuner for $750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.