2013 King Ranch 6.7 Tuners - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 King Ranch 6.7 Tuners

Just bought a new 2013 was going to wait till I get about 50,000 miles on it before doing any tuners. Was wandering does anyone have any recommendations on ones that would increase fuel mileage and power without voiding warranty. I had a 2002 7.3 and was able to get 18 mpg with a 4 inch lift and 35's with a super turner on tow safe and after market air raid box and filter. Also is there common problems out there with the 6.7 that I should watch out for. Like the 7.3 glow plug relays or the valve cover plug wiring harness problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Do a little reading on here. the answers are all right in front of you.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Bird View Post
Just bought a new 2013 was going to wait till I get about 50,000 miles on it before doing any tuners. Was wandering does anyone have any recommendations on ones that would increase fuel mileage and power without voiding warranty.
Here's a link to the Innovative Diesel Torq 2.2:

http://www.innovativediesel.com/home-page-products/innovative-diesel-torq2-1-fuel-module-ford-6-7l.html

This and other such "Fuel Pressure Boxes" are the only devices that don't leave a tattle-tail on your truck's engine and transmission control modules. While they will increase power, they typically don't help with fuel economy (Don't believe everything your read), since your truck may regenerate more frequently, using more fuel.

Using a tuner and deleting the DPF will give you a good bump in power, but may or may not increase your fuel economy. On my "deleted" 2013 Platinum, my mileage is sometimes better than "stock" and sometimes the same as "stock". Tuning/Deleting and fuel mileage increases seem to be better on the 2011-2012 trucks than the 2013-2014 models.

While I'd hoped for much better fuel economy, I deleted (DPF & EGR) because I wanted a little more power and to preserve the life of my engine:

...No DPF yield slightly better fuel economy (at times)
...No DPF means I don't have to buy DEF
...No DPF means I don't run the risk of fuel contaminating my oil during regeneration
...No EGR means that I'm not pumping black soot & tar back into my intake
...No EGR means that my oil stays cleaner, longer
Old 05-08-2014, 03:21 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

To the OP, most diesel performance sites will list the tuners available by year. Check the problems forum for known issues with the '13s and '14s.

Off the top of my head two of the more annoying problems are the ticking that you get after or around your first oil change. Sometimes it goes away after 500 miles, sometimes it stays with you. It is a problem that Ford is aware of, and they dont plan on fixing it, it doesn't cause any harm to your engine its just really annoying. The fix is to change to Valvoline Premium Blue 5W-40 or Shell Rotella 5W-40(or so I've heard).

Second problem is a known issue with a TSB and fix for the trucks with the My Ford Touch Nav system. The Nav at times will show you off course it is pretty annoying, but the fix is covered under warranty, if it occurs take your truck in for the update.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Truckmaniac and Big green thanks for the replies DPF and EGR all new to me as the 7.3 had none of these things. But from everything I read so far the 6.7 seem to be way better motor then the 6.0 and 6.4 but only time will tell thanks again.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just go on and delete it all and throw a tuner on that beast. your gonna do it before the warranty is up anyway,,,, none has that much discipline, me included
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.