First trip to stealership since delete. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First trip to stealership since delete.

So, I was having a problem with my backup sensor. Went to local dealership to have it fixed under warranty. Diesel mechanic, who I know, comes out to take my truck into service bay. I am in waiting area and hear my trucks 5" Flo Pro exhaust just whining and chirping away the whole way across the building. I almost F!@@#$ died! Service manager perked up and casually walked back to see what truck was making all of the racket. OH S!@#, I thought. He came out about 5 minutes later and asked who did the modifications on the truck. I told him that I had just done it. He then informed me that my warranty was voided. But Wait.........after talking with him, I realized he was cool with it and hated the Fckn EPA and tree huggers as much as me. He just advised that if there was a big issue that I SHOULD JUST TAKE IT BACK TO STOCK AND AS FAR AS HE WAS CONCERNED, HE DOESN'T KNOW A DAMN THING...Whew!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nice, I wish I knew of a dealer here in Connecticut like that. Bet it had you sweating though

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-02-2014, 06:21 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn! He would have received a death stare if he came out only to tell me my warranty was voided, haha but that's cool he later advised you to return to stock and he would look the other way if you needed major warranty work. The last time I went to the dealership was to cancel my Ford Maintenance Plan, but I plan to go back there to find out where they planted my Lo-Jack receiver. They don't tell you where it is "for your own safety", but I may need to remove it one day if I'm being tracked by the Fed's or Nancy Pelosi...
Old 05-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

F"in Obama, i wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire
pops250, thomaslord84 and Tautog like this.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:50 PM

He is incorrect in saying "your warranty is voided"..........only part of your warranty could be voided.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dealers are really hit or miss i have a dealer out here that has a hollowed out OEM exhaust just for picture purposes for warranty claims
Old 05-03-2014, 08:20 AM

Wish more service managers and such were like this instead of "company hands". They know is actually helps the motor and such so why not be cool about it. Luckily I have a dealer close to me that's the same way. I think so anyways. That's what I've been told by a few. I want to go talk to em about it but don't want to give it away that I'm gonna delete it.

Sent from somewhere in BFE
Old 05-03-2014, 03:52 PM
POWERCHOKER

I would leave them out of it and return to stock before having warranty work done. Do not acknowledge that you've done anything that would clearly void the warranty. For serious engine issues, the longer you can operate the truck in stock form, the lower the chances they can prove that you modified.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

its crazy bc i was at another dealer having my truck worked on, smooth groove pulley was really wobbly like a bearing is out in it(if very cold start or raining my truck will squeak constantly until it was warm) service manager brought customer back to talk w/ the tech working on my truck about installing delete kits on his truck since it was already taken apart, cab off and heads.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:18 AM
POWERCHOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoTundra11 View Post
its crazy bc i was at another dealer having my truck worked on, smooth groove pulley was really wobbly like a bearing is out in it(if very cold start or raining my truck will squeak constantly until it was warm) service manager brought customer back to talk w/ the tech working on my truck about installing delete kits on his truck since it was already taken apart, cab off and heads.
I'm confused. So, the Ford technician agreed to install deletes on the customer's truck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.