dual shocks with the lift? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dual shocks with the lift?

I decided that im going to go with a BDS 4in suspension lift. I thought about 6in and 8 in but im trying to keep this truck more practical and more or less just to fit the tires with 0 issues. i looked into carli with the king shocks and the price tag on that lift was just sickening so i jumped over to BDS with the fox shocks. Does anyone recommend doing dual shocks in the front or will a single be sufficient enough? i like taking my truck on the sand dunes a few times a year and the thought of having dual shocks out there really sounds good to me but i thought id ask here before i bought the lift. Its a 1000 dollar difference between single and dual shock options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Honestly man I would just do 1 shock per corner anything more and your just building a rail car or it will all just be for show because your front shocks will be valved super soft and you wont get any "true performance" out of them. Honestly you really have to ask your self what your goals with the truck are. Because if you go 6-8 inch lift your going to need to run 37s-38s with in a wheel and tire package is over 1 grand more than a 35 inch tire package which you will be running with a Carli kit . Also when you get a truck that big you loose a lot of the offroad performance, gas mileage, tow capabilities ( unless going with kelderman kit ). Soooo all and all the kits end up being the same price when you get down to the bottom line
Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
P/S even tho my call name is Carli'd6.7 I am in no way biased ive run Carli kits on two of my truck and actually took a PinTop 2.5 kit off this truck cuz it no longer met my needs. Ill never go over a leveled ever again because of the wonderful world of Airbags
Old 04-30-2014, 08:00 AM

I went with the BDS 4 link 8" kit and dual shocks up front. I ran all Fox shocks. It is a bit stiff, but looks pretty slick and drives nice. I know the shop had to do more work to install the dual set up over the single set up. There was some welding involved. That should justify the extra cost. If I had it to do again, I'd foot the extra money for the dual set up. Just my opinion. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:57 AM

I just installed the BDS 4" kit on my truck with fox shocks, I went the single shock option and have no regrets. It drives very well, better than stock. However I have only had the kit on for just shy of 2k miles so I'm sure it's still wearing in. I thought about dual shocks but for me it would only be for looks since the only off roading my truck will ever see is going hunting. So it was hard to justify the extra grand.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-30-2014, 10:10 AM

Check out pure. They have some good shock options and a great kit

Brett
Old 05-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM_RP3 View Post
I just installed the BDS 4" kit on my truck with fox shocks, I went the single shock option and have no regrets. It drives very well, better than stock. However I have only had the kit on for just shy of 2k miles so I'm sure it's still wearing in. I thought about dual shocks but for me it would only be for looks since the only off roading my truck will ever see is going hunting. So it was hard to justify the extra grand.

Im still debating whether to do a 4" or 6" kit... What size tires are you running and was there any rubbing at all? If there was what modification did you have to do to get rid of it?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:10 PM
LORD OF WAR

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I wanted to go double shocks for looks but couldn't find anything that I really liked...I ended up doing the night hawk black ops shocks with resivors and they look bad ***!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryistheguy View Post
Im still debating whether to do a 4" or 6" kit... What size tires are you running and was there any rubbing at all? If there was what modification did you have to do to get rid of it?
I went with 35x12.50x20" Mickey Thompson with 20x9" rims with 5" of BS. I have no rubbing at all even at full lock. I'm happy with the set up. I debated for a while on 4 or 6" lift, but with a 6" and 35s there's too much clearance for me and the tires look too small. And for the driving I do 37s were going to be too expensive to keep buying all the time. But that's just my opinion.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:15 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLS351 View Post
I went with the BDS 4 link 8" kit and dual shocks up front. I ran all Fox shocks. It is a bit stiff, but looks pretty slick and drives nice. I know the shop had to do more work to install the dual set up over the single set up. There was some welding involved. That should justify the extra cost. If I had it to do again, I'd foot the extra money for the dual set up. Just my opinion. Good luck!
8 inch lift, eh? What wheel and tire combo you running? Got any pictures???

I plan on using Fabtech's 4.0 Coil-Overs when I move to an 8 inch lift. Anyone know if they ride and perform well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.