wicked wheel updates? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 08:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wicked wheel updates?

Does anyone that has installed one have any updates on how its working out for you. I'm going to invest before too long and want to hear how yall are liking it so far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Premium Member

Well my install is taking longer then I had planned. My wheel showed up just over a week ago but then I decided I might as well do my EGR delete while Im in there to make things a bit easier. So that brought me to needing to get my tuner, which didnt show up until a few days ago. Then I hooked up my tuner to see how it worked for deletes thinking I could pick which options to delete. Thats when I realized I couldnt just do the EGR delete to start, so now Im in the market for my DPF delete, which is probably going to take a week or 2. Ill be doing a good write up once I get everything all ready to go!!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighHP View Post
Well my install is taking longer then I had planned. My wheel showed up just over a week ago but then I decided I might as well do my EGR delete while Im in there to make things a bit easier. So that brought me to needing to get my tuner, which didnt show up until a few days ago. Then I hooked up my tuner to see how it worked for deletes thinking I could pick which options to delete. Thats when I realized I couldnt just do the EGR delete to start, so now Im in the market for my DPF delete, which is probably going to take a week or 2. Ill be doing a good write up once I get everything all ready to go!!
I've been wondering what your hold up was Lol. That will bea good time to take care of all that. I'm looking forward to your write up and review.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:07 PM

Anyone else
Old 04-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm gonna throw this out there, I was doing some reading on powerstrokearmy and a very smart person that knows diesel in and out pointed out a very good point. He said, and I quote, "Shaft speed slows down, but when it slows down the added volume trying to be compressed in the same area is going to make more pressure inside the housing than before which is providing a torque in the opposite direction of rotation... That will increase the normal force around the shaft potentially causing more bearing wear and shear stress than the bearing and shaft assembly were meant to handle...on top of the assembly not being balanced from the aftermarket wheel.

In summary the way I see it. May be wrong, may be right, just the way I see it with what I've learned thus far"

So a wicked wheel may benefit the stock turbo, or it could just aid in blowing it up... no one will know until they someone has run one for a long time.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Premium Member

Pressure won't have any effect on shaft wear because it's an equal force acting on all sides of the wheel. We know these housings can handle upwards of 30psi and that's not the weak point, slow down shaft speed and reduce wear thus extending shaft life. The pressure is controlled from the exh side so the truck sees stock back pressure and shaft speed but the wheel design is what's giving the slight boost increase.

Also these turbos are component balanced so changing the wheel has no effect on unit balance as long as the wheel comes balanced, which it does.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
jayz, "Stroker 8" and Horms07 like this.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

calling all physics majors to the stage please!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Have done 6 or them since January, all are running great. On the h&s tuned trucks it holds boost more consistent at 30lbs. Turbo noise does not change, definitely worth the money.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:05 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for the update thats awesome to hear! I might just have to bite the bullet and install mine this set off work. Ill just have to pull the dpf off and run down pipe to nothing for a week

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-04-2014, 08:03 PM

Has anyone put one on a completely stock truck with no tunes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.