DPF Delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 04:35 AM
Long Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DPF Delete

I finally got the delete done and woohoo, im glad I did. She runs much better now. I settled with the H&S on "Street", just didnít care for the hard shifts when on "Performance".

A couple tips if you plan on doing the work yourself, and are not a mechanic type.

Leave all the sensors and what not in the DPF, just follow the cables back and unplug. They will be safe there if you ever need to reinstall. Just be careful when you pull the unit out. Itís a little heavy and I tore off one of the plugs.
I used a floor jack to help support the weight but could have really used someone to help watch and protect all the goodies that stick out.

Also remove the entire hanger assembly with the DPF. I fought with trying to get those rubber mounts loose for a while. The way they are positioned makes it a PITA while lying on your back. Itís much, much easier to just take the brackets loose at the frame then remove from the DPF once its off the truck.

Donít forget to tie all the wires and hoses up out of the way before installing your new exhaust

Here it is, a very expensive paperweight

I ran the new exhaust to dump just over the rear axle. I like the clean look of no pipe sticking out.

Here she is parked in a slight hole to help show the exhaust tip

Power is about what I expected no huge gains, but it feels like a different truck. Much improved throttle response and smooth power through the entire RPM range. Not to mention it SOUNDS AWESOME. I couldnít bring myself to install the Donaldson muffler -- Just left it straight piped.
Cheap6.7 likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2014, 09:11 AM

I agree. Those are very good tips. You will love it more the more you drive it.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Premium Member

Thats sweet man, thats exactly how im going to have my exh exit, love that look. Did you just do a delete pipe then cut the stock exh before the resonator for the tip? Looking under my truck I think I might be able to get away with that..
Old 04-20-2014, 02:53 AM
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighHP View Post
Thats sweet man, thats exactly how im going to have my exh exit, love that look. Did you just do a delete pipe then cut the stock exh before the resonator for the tip? Looking under my truck I think I might be able to get away with that..
Its down pipe back. I just left off the last part of the Flow-Pro, no cutting needed.

I would not do this with the stock exhaust unless you delete. The regin gets too hot
Old 04-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Premium Member

Thats thats what I meant, I can stick the delete pipe in, then the section from the delete pipe to the loop over the axle looks pretty much the same as the flow pro stuff, just cut the resonator off and put a tip on. I might have to weld a bit of pipe on the end, just have to wing it.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:12 AM
Long Member

Yep that will work. Just get the right size tip and you're in business. I bet it would sound better without that resonator thing on it anyway
Old 04-20-2014, 06:18 AM
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horms07 View Post
I agree. Those are very good tips. You will love it more the more you drive it.
You're right about that, I do enjoy it more each day. The trans is smoothing out as it adjusts to the tune.

Im not so sure about the neighbours tho... trucks got a bit of a growel now. I leave for work at 4am
Old 07-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

to the OP: what brand/size tip did you use for your dump? I've ordered the same exhaust, only the 5", and want to dump it off. want something long enough to help clear the spare tire but not hang too low.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

About ready to delete mine. Not sure a about inspection.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Lucky for me I'm stationed in a state that has never heard of emissions testing and the home state of Missouri doesn't require them for diesels... the worst part is staring at the growing pile of truck parts stacked in my garage, waiting for a free weekend to install them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.