h&s question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
h&s question

I have a 13 f250 platinum w/14k miles, not impressed with power ( on performance setting) from a stand still if i just mash the pedal sometimes itll spin shortly sometimes it wont. (stock wheels/tires)
I have the sb intake and the hs race tuner on it.
How much of a difference will it make after i install my delete exhaust?
do i select dpf off now currently while i wait from my exhaust to arrive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2014, 11:54 AM

Don't select DPF delete until you actually delete. Also, unless you want to trash your motor, you also should delete your EGR or at the very least block it off. I favor the complete delete option. But DO NOT simply unplug the 2 orange plugs that are on the EGR as this is going to cause issues for you down the road. (there is nothing that says the EGR butterfly valve will remain shut and you could blow the seals in your motor)

I have all of the same things for my '11. They came this week, I just know after months of research and stuff what to do and what not to do. Plus if you do an EGR delete, you can put a pyro right in the exhaust manifold and more accurately measure your EGTs
Old 04-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Long Member

As I understand it there is something called Torque Management and Traction Control, those may not be the correct terms but they will limit wheel spin non the less. Even with the DPF deleted you will only get a short spin on the rear tires.

My "seat of the pants" dyno noticed some gains with the DPF removed. But it could just be WooHoo gains 'cuz it sounds so damn cool.... The difference in HP isnt that much

As said above dont select DPF removed until its really removed from the truck.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignEngineer View Post
DO NOT simply unplug the 2 orange plugs that are on the EGR as this is going to cause issues for you down the road. (there is nothing that says the EGR butterfly valve will remain shut and you could blow the seals in your motor)
I have been driving around with my egr unplugged for the last 2 months and about 750 miles.

Can just unplugging led to this much trouble. Also how could it blow seals? Just asking cause I only followed the HS instructions.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:03 AM
Long Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb880 View Post
I have been driving around with my egr unplugged for the last 2 months and about 750 miles.

Can just unplugging led to this much trouble. Also how could it blow seals? Just asking cause I only followed the HS instructions.
Would like to know this as well, I did the same thing. I bought the full delete kit but was waiting till warrinty expired to put it on....Save me some time returning to stock.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAG6.0 View Post
Would like to know this as well, I did the same thing. I bought the full delete kit but was waiting till warrinty expired to put it on....Save me some time returning to stock.

1 VERY reputable programmer manufacturer and 1 VERY reputable diesel performance shop have both told me DONT do the EGR delete until the truck is out of warranty. They BOTH said definitely delete as soon as you can but just wait till out of warranty so you don't have to go through the PITA process of putting everything back to stock, it aint worth it
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb880 View Post

I know a guy who's been driving around for the past two years and 75k miles like that. You're not going to blow any seals or hurt anything.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
I know a guy who's been driving around for the past two years and 75k miles like that. You're not going to blow any seals or hurt anything.
Right?! I know tons of peeps rolling this way, no issues!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.