H&S race tuner on 13-14s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S race tuner on 13-14s

Ive really been wanting to delete my 13 and throw an H&S race tuner on it and I had been hearing some encouraging words from numerous people that the race tuner would work. I did a little homework and checked around at a few shops that were dealers for H&S and everybody seemed pretty positive. So my last effort to make sure was to contact H&S. The tech line sent me an email saying that the tuner will not work/function properly on a 13 and not to attempt it. WELL HELL!!!!! now what????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The old race tuners will not. The High Sulfur tuners will.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i was hoping for a little more information. like where in the world all of these guys are getting their trucks done……. I'm after MPGs I could care less about making it faster
Old 04-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT19 View Post
i was hoping for a little more information. like where in the world all of these guys are getting their trucks done……. I'm after MPGs I could care less about making it faster
Maybe you should have asked in your original post?

I'm not sure what you mean by "getting their trucks done," but if you're tuning for MPG, I'd skip it. Some people see a slight gain, some don't. It will take you years to recoup the cost of a tuner and exhaust, even if you do see a gain of 1 or 2 MPG.... But that's not even guaranteed.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

alright i give up, theres always someone in a forum somewhere who just wants to be……… mods you can delete this one. ill just find out some other way
Old 04-15-2014, 07:45 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
H&S stopped producing race tuners before the 2013's came out, but there are still delete tuners available for 2013-2014 trucks.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
alright i give up, theres always someone in a forum somewhere who just wants to be……… mods you can delete this one. ill just find out some other way
WTF? I genuinely answered every one of your questions... All of which could easily be answered by Google or the search bar on this forum, I might add. Nonetheless, I still answered them. Sorry I didn't give you the answer you wanted/expected, but go ahead and delete your account on here if this is how you say thanks. We don't need people like you.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yep the only way to do it is to get a STREET tuner then buy an MCC unlock and get a custom tune from one of the nice fellas at SPE as long as your vehicle is not subject to smog testing bla bla bla because then you would plain just be braking the damn law !!!!! and also it WILL void your warranty bla bla bla and if your doing it for gas mileage you wont really see any real gains, now if your doing it for reliabilty and alil more speed, towing, and better/ non harmful idling i encourage you to join the club
"Stroker 8" likes this.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:32 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carli'd6.7 View Post
Yep the only way to do it is to get a STREET tuner then buy an MCC unlock and get a custom tune from one of the nice fellas at SPE as long as your vehicle is not subject to smog testing bla bla bla because then you would plain just be braking the damn law !!!!! and also it WILL void your warranty bla bla bla and if your doing it for gas mileage you wont really see any real gains, now if your doing it for reliabilty and alil more speed, towing, and better/ non harmful idling i encourage you to join the club
You can also buy a Mini Maxx pre-loaded with delete software, but they ain't cheap. Mine came with standard H&S tunes. How are those SPE tunes?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ebay! If price don't matter to you. That's where I got my goodies. Package deal $2500. For my 13. We'll worth it for ME.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.