Spe hot tune and trans tune installed on mini! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spe hot tune and trans tune installed on mini!

Just got my spe hot tunes uploaded onto my mini tonight and took the truck for a drive. Trans shifts very firm but I've been told that's a good thing and won't damage the trans. I didn't get on it on the hottest tune yet just the street one and wow is all I can say. A truck this big shouldn't move like it did lol. I need to make some vids soon his trucks bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 07:12 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How are the SPE tunes compared to the H&S tunes? I leave my truck on the H&S performance tune and I'm curious how it compares to the SPE hot tune..
Old 04-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Noticeably more power and less smoke. Trans shifts very firm.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I run the SPE HotX tune with their mild tranny tune. Truck is a beast! Been running this for 2 weeks now. The only thing I don't like about the tranny tune is that at low speed, around town......etc, it's kinda weird between 1&2. A lot of people run SPE tunes with the stock Ford tranny tuning. I am going to run this tune for about another week to see if it gets better. If not, I will go back to stock tranny tunes. This is my every day driver so this may be more annoying to me than if I were just running for fun. Hope this helps.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya man I have the hot tranny tune in and am thinking of switching it's almost violent went shifting. In your mild tranny tune was the file name tow? Bc I only have a towtrans and hottrans.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes. The tow tune. Other members on here have commented on the tranny tunes, not only from SPE, but the H&S tunes also. Seems most end up going back to bone stock tranny tunes. Like I said, its not that bad but the daily driver truck can be a PIA in parking lots............etc. I have not tried the H&S on my Mini but have been told that it would be worse than what I am currently running. Hope this helps.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes, it helped a lot thanks. I will load the mild trans tune tomorrow and see how I like it. But ya the spe hot tune is savage. Stock fuel system and stock turbo too.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Premium Member

I just installed my H&S running canned non delete performance tune with their trans tune and I love the way it shifts. I'm all for firm shifts over the wimpy slipping stock style! I read all the complaints on here and wasn't sure what to expect but after tuning it there's no way I can go back to stock. Let us know how the SPE mild tune compares to the H&S trans tune, Ive been reading alot of good things about SPE tuning so I might go that route once Im deleted.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just a heads up, I smoked the clutches in my transmission with the hotx tune after about 1000 miles

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillonC View Post
Just a heads up, I smoked the clutches in my transmission with the hotx tune after about 1000 miles

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Just from to much slippage? Which trans tune were you running? Maybe not enough pressure holding the clutches. Also which clutches burnt up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.