Going to delete soon, what do I need to know? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 06:52 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Going to delete soon, what do I need to know?

I have decided I can't stand the trucks quiet sound and feel that a DPF delete will gain me reliability and a small MPG increase. I am familiar with deleting as I did on my 6.4 (will be for sale soon if anyone would be interested.. black lariat 4x4 ecsb 20" oem wheels... and more). But I still have a few questions.

1. What does the unlock code consist of? I already have a original Mini Maxx, but I will need a unlock code to get it to work on the 6.7. Is it something that can just be told to me over the phone by rudys, or e mailed? $100 right?

2. Do I want to immediately get a CAI? I plan on a S&B CAI but I was going to wait a few months after I deleted as I don't need to be spending any extra money I have until my 6.4 is sold.

3. How loud is a 5" DP back exhaust, and what is the best (but not too expensive) route to go? Flo Pro? Diamond Eye? Do they all exit in the same spot? I want the truck to be louder, but I don't want it annoying loud. My 6.4 was not very loud straight piped so I am hoping this won't be either, just want to hear a lot of turbo.

4. Are the 6.7 files already on my Mini Maxx if I have updated it in the last 6 months? If not are they easy enough to get?

5. I am not suggesting Ford should cover any warranty claims if they are directly related to the delete and added power, but if not what have your experiences been? Truck only has 10k miles on it and I have warranty until Sept. 2015. I read a lot about turbo failure but it seems unrelated to the tuners. If I were to return to stock would I more than likely get this covered under warranty?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

Can't speak to all your questions but here's what I know.

1. I'm not sure what the unlock code consists of nowadays with the EPA crackdown on H&S.

2. I've got around 80,000 miles tuned on mine with no CAI.

3. Dont know

4. You can get the files from H&S updater on their website.

5. Ford has replaced two EGR valves on mine after I went back to stock twice as well as some crankcase sensor. I was straight up with them and told them I'd been tuned. They didn't care. Now I'm out of warranty but have only had problems when I returned to stock which has been a long time.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What year is your 6.7?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
What year is your 6.7?
It is a 2011
Old 03-02-2014, 08:28 AM
POWERCHOKER

1.) I'm pretty sure all you need is the $100 unlock code to access tuning for the 6.7 Powerstroke, if your Mini Maxx is an original #109003. I'm not sure where to get it from though. I would try H&S.

2.) You don't need to get a CAI.

3.) So, you're wanting a turbo-back DPF delete full exhaust kit? I would check out Flo Pro. They have full exhaust delete kits with both single side exit and split dual exits. I have a 4" delete pipe with a 51" Donaldson muffler. I assume the 5" delete pipe will give you more sound and more flow potential. In my opinion, having the muffler tones down the exhaust sound and eliminates the wastegate screech while maintaining the turbo whistle.

4.) The 6.7 files may or may not be on your tuner already, but they will become accessible after you buy the $100 unlock code.

5.) I deleted my truck a couple days ago with 4k miles on it. I'm not counting on anything being covered under warranty now, but if I were to try, I would definitely return to stock before I do. The place I had my delete done has a good relationship with the head foreman at a Ford dealership around me. They said as long as it's not a catastrophic failure, they should be able to help get warranty work done still. I've heard the turbo's in the 2011-2012 models have had a tendency to fail.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:30 AM
POWERCHOKER

Here's an exhuast clip of my 4" delete pipe with 51" Donaldson...

Old 03-03-2014, 09:19 AM

Thank you for the reply. I think I will try and wait a few months to get a few thousand miles on the truck before I actually delete. To help see if there are any premature issues. I have put about 1000 miles on the truck and it has been flawless so far, but I bought the truck because I was afraid my old 6.4 with 177k miles might (although no signs) start giving me issues in the future and I didn't want to dump a bunch of money into a high mileage truck. I also don't want to dump a bunch of money into a low mileage truck if Ford could cover it...

I was very disappointed a few days ago when I saw the split second screen that said that it was in regen, then only to quit driving 1 minute later and fill up and smell the heat from the exhaust. Not to mention my MPG dropped from over 17 to 13.x after I fueled up and drove about 15 miles.

Since I have the Mini Maxx I only need to spend a few hundred dollars for the unlock code and exhaust, and I think it will pay for itself within a year providing I pickup just 2 mpg.

I told myself that I would keep it stock until my warranty is up though, but that probably wont happen lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.