Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sidney, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Going to delete soon, what do I need to know?
I have decided I can't stand the trucks quiet sound and feel that a DPF delete will gain me reliability and a small MPG increase. I am familiar with deleting as I did on my 6.4 (will be for sale soon if anyone would be interested.. black lariat 4x4 ecsb 20" oem wheels... and more). But I still have a few questions.
1. What does the unlock code consist of? I already have a original Mini Maxx, but I will need a unlock code to get it to work on the 6.7. Is it something that can just be told to me over the phone by rudys, or e mailed? $100 right?
2. Do I want to immediately get a CAI? I plan on a S&B CAI but I was going to wait a few months after I deleted as I don't need to be spending any extra money I have until my 6.4 is sold.
3. How loud is a 5" DP back exhaust, and what is the best (but not too expensive) route to go? Flo Pro? Diamond Eye? Do they all exit in the same spot? I want the truck to be louder, but I don't want it annoying loud. My 6.4 was not very loud straight piped so I am hoping this won't be either, just want to hear a lot of turbo.
4. Are the 6.7 files already on my Mini Maxx if I have updated it in the last 6 months? If not are they easy enough to get?
5. I am not suggesting Ford should cover any warranty claims if they are directly related to the delete and added power, but if not what have your experiences been? Truck only has 10k miles on it and I have warranty until Sept. 2015. I read a lot about turbo failure but it seems unrelated to the tuners. If I were to return to stock would I more than likely get this covered under warranty?
2011 F-250 -
Lariat, 4x4, ECSB, Vermillion Red
H&S Mini Maxx, 5" Flo-Pro DP Back, 2" Leveling Kit, 305/55R20 Toyo ATII's