Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Mini Maxx power cable?

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ryistheguy 
#1 ·
It says this is optional. What are the pros and cons of this "option" how many of you run the cable through the firewall to a fuse and how many have chose to just use the OBD port for power.

#2 ·
Use the power cable so that the Mini-Maxx powers on & off with the ignition.

Also, just using power from the OSBII port has been known to cause problems with the H&S tuners. I'm not sure if it is voltage fluctuation or something else.

You don't have to go through the firewall. There is a bundle of wires located just above your emergency brake that are used for PTO accessories. You simply have to use a crimp connector on the 12 Volt "Ignition" wire. This information can be found in your Mini-Maxx instructions or on the H&S Website. Sorry, I don't recall what color the wire is.

#3 ·
The wire is white with a blue stripe. It is labeled also.

#4 ·
I opened the package the tuner came in and it came with a bunch of extra wires that i wasnt really prepared for i read up on the online manual and found out what their all about. Im sure ill have more questions About the actual install process when the time comes but for now itll just sit in my garage and look pretty until i rack up some miles on the truck. OH! and by the way. This thing is alot smaller than what i had imagined. When they say "Mini" they are 100% completely dead serious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.