performance upgrade question??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
performance upgrade question???

im just wondering if anyone has ever been fined for dpf delete. I know its illegal but is it being extremely enforced? also I have a 2013 6.7 f350, what kind of legal performance upgrades can I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Premium Member

Depends where you are. Up here theres no emissions testing or annual inspections and your run of the mill cop probably cant spell DPF. Commercial DOT officers would be the ones to hand out fines more likely but they usually leave the little trucks alone, they got bigger fish to fry! I havent even heard any stories of someone who knows someone that got a ticket.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the reply. i live in northern nevada where there are no emission laws. the dpf law is a federal law so it still makes it illegal. we also visit california fairly often and you know how they are. ive even heard that there are some sort of diesel checkpoints in cali but i think its more for the semi trucks like you say. i may wait untill my warranty expires, just doing a little research right now.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:21 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

I can't say I've heard about anyone getting fined for the DPF being deleted, but do remember a couple years ago, a couple members posted about getting stopped and their tanks were checked for dyed fuel, but that was shortly after the ULSD replaced the older high sulfur fuel.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen06 View Post
I can't say I've heard about anyone getting fined for the DPF being deleted, but do remember a couple years ago, a couple members posted about getting stopped and their tanks were checked for dyed fuel, but that was shortly after the ULSD replaced the older high sulfur fuel.
They check tanks up here for died fuel but thats just because its illegal to run on non farm registered vehicles. Its dirt cheap and im pretty sure not taxed either.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoth9939 View Post
thanks for the reply. i live in northern nevada where there are no emission laws. the dpf law is a federal law so it still makes it illegal. we also visit california fairly often and you know how they are. ive even heard that there are some sort of diesel checkpoints in cali but i think its more for the semi trucks like you say. i may wait untill my warranty expires, just doing a little research right now.
Where at in Nevada? I'm North of Winnemucca.

There was a guy who got a ticket in Carson city for blowing black smoke,($300) and another for tampering with obd II port ($250). The guy was gonna fight the tickets but haven't heard back.

I had no idea a person could be fined for tampering with a obd II port??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-21-2014, 01:53 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighHP View Post
They check tanks up here for died fuel but thats just because its illegal to run on non farm registered vehicles. Its dirt cheap and im pretty sure not taxed either.
Yeah all dyed or "Offroad Diesel" is untaxed. And its usually a really high fine if you're caught.

@Bryce, I've never heard of that before, messing with the OBD port.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Im in northern California like wayyyyy up north and the CHP tend to be the most stringent cops around and as long as your not blowing smoke or showing off your straight pipe at every light your usually golden, you have to remember the average straight piped Cummins is wayyyyy louder than your powerstroke can or will be. Just use common sense and youll be fine fall in love with your truck all over again
Old 02-22-2014, 06:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Here in Pa we dont have emissions testing on diesels and my county doesnt have emissions testing on gas either. For the most part it seems that cops leave the trucks alone unless their doing something stupid like rolling coal or making to much noise. Ive had plenty of cops behind me that could have stopped me for the strong smell of diesel coming off my truck or having my tires poke way out passed the fenders. Also depends where you are, i live in a town of 500 with no cops and only see them if i go into one of the bigger ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.