Exhaust DPF + EGR delete. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exhaust DPF + EGR delete.

on my 2014 f250 im wanting to do a entire exhaust system including a DPF delete but im undecided on the EGR delete as of right now. the exhaust im wanting to run is dual 8in stacks but i cant find a delete kit that has doesnt come with the full exhaust out to the tailpipe. what im asking is there a delete kit that basically comes with the downpipe and enough pipe to get to where the 90 would go to head up to the bed where it would connect to the t pipe for the stacks. im also wanting to run a H&S tuner. im wanting to buy all of this if possible in one kit ive looked all over online but have had no luck. im also in a debate whether doing a 5inch turbo back exhaust or a 4in considering the stacks have a 5in inlet if i ran a 4in i would need ther adapter which isnt a big deal but i was just wondering which option would be better to go with. sorry about rambling on i just have alot of questions about the topic. this is my first post with this website ive read alot of other posts before i joined and alot of members on here seem very knowledgeable about these new trucks when i am much more familiar with my old 7.3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I haven't run across any stack kits for these trucks at all, much less one that includes a programmer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you may have to piece together a stack kit with an another exhaust kit. You may try calling one of the exhaust companies or a shop that sells diesel parts, and see if they'll sell you just pieces of the kit.

As far as the 4" vs. 5", I would go with whatever matches up best with the stack kit you choose.

Good luck and welcome to the .org!
Old 02-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Tee View Post
I haven't run across any stack kits for these trucks at all, much less one that includes a programmer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you may have to piece together a stack kit with an another exhaust kit. You may try calling one of the exhaust companies or a shop that sells diesel parts, and see if they'll sell you just pieces of the kit.

As far as the 4" vs. 5", I would go with whatever matches up best with the stack kit you choose.

Good luck and welcome to the .org!
what is the shortest exhaust kit they make that would work for what im trying to do? i figured id be buying the T-pipe and stacks seprately. i just need to be pointed in the right direction to get from the turbo far enough to get to the point of where it starts to go vertical. The stacks i want to run dont come with anything other than a 5in inlet. are they any sound differences between the 4" and 5". what about the difficulty of install? would piecing together an exhaust make it difficult to get a programmer that would make the truck run correctly? ive never messed with programmers like these on these new trucks so i have no idea what they need to run correctly also have never ran stacks before. i wanted to get around to it with my 7.3 but never got around to it haha. Thanks for the reply
Old 02-10-2014, 12:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Essentially, the programmer just fools the computer into thinking that the emissions equipment is installed, after it has been removed. So as far as the programmer is concerned, it doesn't care what you have on there.

I would think you could get away with just buying a delete pipe and cutting it to the length you need for the stacks.

DPF-Delete System Race Pipe Only

That will bolt to the down pipe and you should be able to just cut it to the length you need.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I haven't really dug into this delete too far yet. So my next couple of questions should be the last of the information i need to know before i can start my process.

First, how many plugs and sensors are there involved in the DPF delete and what should i do with them for safe keeping in case i need to revert to stock in a jam.

Second, whats the pros and cons between deleting the EGR or just keeping it and turning it off with the programmer?.

Third, if i ever had to return to stock for a warranty issue, would connecting the sensors and putting the factory exhaust back on and removing the programmer completely erase any history of there being anything done to the truck? or does the dealer have the technology to detect if the computer has been tampered with (programmer).

Once again thanks for the help. i appreciate every bit of it.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I can't remember the exact number of sensors but there's 4 or 5 plus the urea injection. You can just unplug them all and leave them in their bungs in the stock exhaust.

There are tons of threads on here regarding EGR delete vs. block off plates vs. just unplugging it. Just search EGR delete in the 6.7 forums.

It's my understanding that the programmer will leave a permanent footprint in the computer that the dealer will always be able to see. So when you delete, kiss the warranty goodbye (or pray you find a mod friendly dealer). I may be wrong on this though.
The Following User Says Thank You to El_Tee For This Useful Post:
Ryistheguy (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

okay thanks for all the info. im going to look into ordering everything i need and ill post pictures when its done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.