Need Help - Intake Decision - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 10:25 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help - Intake Decision

Trying to narrow my decision down for an Intake; down to AFE Stg 2, just don't know whether to go with the dry filter or the PG 7. Have had the PG 7 in the past on my 6.4 seemed to work great, just don't know. The dry might be beneficial to the point of throwing the old one out and popping another one on, not having to wait for the filter to dry after cleaning it, and then re-oiling it.

What are your thoughts.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have an S&B with an oiled filter, which I'd highly recommend, and I just have a spare filter on hand that I keep clean. Yeah its a pain in the butt having to clean and oil the filter but I drive a lot of gravel and my intake tube, or inside the filter, has never had a drop of dust. So if you're going to get the AFE, I'd say go for the oiled filter if you drive lots of gravel, but if you're just driving on the streets then I dont see any problem with a dry filter.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

X2 for the s&b, I really like mine, better price and way better quality then my airiad on my last truck. I went paper filter, all oem use paper for a reason. A under maintained oiled filter can be detrimental to a turbo. This is the great debate on all forums, you hear stories of oil getting sucked into the engine and gumming up turbos, and oil screwing up sensors in the intake.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-07-2014, 06:52 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I ordered an H&S Cold Air Intake which should be here Monday. It was under $300 dollars and I like the way the box looks. I don't know if it's as good as AFE or S&B, but I think you're splitting hairs when comparing intakes of the same basic design.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I order the AFE Momentum HD PRO 10R Stage 2-Si Intake System
Part # 50-73005.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

X3 for the S&B.

If your set on the AFE i would go with the oiled filter. From what ive seen from running oiled filters on my trucks and dirtbikes is it seems to keep more out. Yes there is more maintenance but im just weird and love when its time to do maintenance like i love doing oil changes and fuel filters and cleaning air filters haha.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

S&B all the way i experimented with 2 others just for fun the s&b def had the most throttle response with the cover off. Now for me i didnt get any improvements on mpg with a stock tune truck. But truck still has no tune so i cant give any further results lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-14-2014, 10:44 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Thanks Guys for all the suggestions. I went and bought an AFE Momentum HD Stg 2 w/ the PG7, I had a AFE Stg 2 w/ PG7 on my 10, and it worked well so I figured I'd go again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.