H&S mini maxx help??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 02:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S mini maxx help???

Ok after hours of searching for answers I give up hopefully I can get some help here as I usually do. I recently bought a mini maxx the box says 109003 made in early 2012 does this model need the high sulfer unlock to be able to do a dpf delete on my 2011 or does it already have it on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyStroke04 View Post
Ok after hours of searching for answers I give up hopefully I can get some help here as I usually do. I recently bought a mini maxx the box says 109003 made in early 2012 does this model need the high sulfer unlock to be able to do a dpf delete on my 2011 or does it already have it on it?

You have to buy the unlock code so the tuner will work. Call H&S
Old 02-07-2014, 05:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
or just buy an MCC unlock and then use an MCC tune such as SPE or Powerlabs and you will be all good !!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:42 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You need the 6.7 unlock code on h&s website I believe.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
The easiest way to check your Mini-Maxx to see if it has DPF delete tunes is to plug it into your OSBII port, select your vehicle, then start the tuning process. IF your tuner is capable of deleting, there will be an option for PRESENT (DPF on) and one for REMOVED (DPF off).
Old 02-07-2014, 09:07 AM

Ok yeah I'm thinking all I'll need is the 2011-2012 unlock and I'll be good that one is supposed to be delete capable out of the box without having to get the high sulfur unlock that require applying to the epa
Old 02-07-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Ok yeah I'm thinking all I'll need is the 2011-2012 unlock and I'll be good that one is supposed to be delete capable out of the box without having to get the high sulfur unlock that require applying to the epa
Plug it in and check for the PRESENT / REMOVED option. Then you won't be having to guess if you need an unlock code or not. The part number you listed for your Mini-Maxx is a Race Tuner, so it should have delete tunes.

Where things got really confusing was when Ford changed the programming on the 2013-2014 trucks. On these years you have to use the new Street Tuner plus a High sulfur unlock OR reprogram with an MCC OR buy a unit that's been Hacked.

Like I said, plug it in and try it. You can load tunes in & out without risking your truck throwing codes or going into Limp Mode, as long as you DON'T START your truck. If the tuner has "Removed" tunes and it will load to your truck, you're good to go.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:41 AM

Thanks a lot I'll just have to plug it in when it gets here in the next day or so. But yes this has all gotten so complicated makes me miss my ole 6.0!!!

One more question when I get exhaust do I need with bungs or with out bungs or will either work ?
Old 02-07-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I recently bought a mini maxx the box says 109003 made in early 2012
From this statement, I guess your Mini-Maxx is actually "in transit", so you can't try it out yet.

You need a delete pipe without bungs. You can unplug the sensor wires from the DPF at the wiring harness running next to the frame or you can remove the sensors from the DPF and zip-tie the sensors & wires to the frame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.